Has anyone with an nvidia video card had issues with CentOS 5 so far?

I've been holding off on installing 5 at home because of the trouble
I've been having with my video here at work, but here I have that
lovely ATI card and there I have a geFORCE 7100gs and am, so far,
successfully using the nvidia driver with CentOS 4.4 without
significant problems.

Just wondering....

--
Mark Hull-Richter
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)

Search Discussions

  • Ralph Angenendt at May 4, 2007 at 7:12 pm

    Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
    I've been holding off on installing 5 at home because of the trouble
    I've been having with my video here at work, but here I have that
    lovely ATI card and there I have a geFORCE 7100gs and am, so far,
    successfully using the nvidia driver with CentOS 4.4 without
    significant problems.
    Does it help you if I say that I have no troubles whatsoever with the
    proprietary nvidia driver and a 6800 card (or 6600, cannot check at
    moment)?

    Ralph