Hello,
Please. Can the following spec give me some headache with CentOS 4.4?
Where to find out?
I have read former advice on the list about not to mess with Intel PCI
extra cards.
Thank you in advance

CPU P4 3,06 (524) S.775 FSB533
INTEL D101GGCL 775 ATI DDR SV R 1 PCIE 16X D.CORE
Mem KINGSTON DDR2 1GB 533
HD SATA 80GB SEAGATE ST380211AS
/or/
HD SATA 120GB SEAGATE ST3120026AS
--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue

Search Discussions

  • Drew Weaver at Jan 13, 2007 at 4:09 pm
    If I recall correctly we accidentially bought 10 of these and they
    worked fine.

    -Drew

    Please. Can the following spec give me some headache with CentOS 4.4?
    Where to find out?
    I have read former advice on the list about not to mess with Intel PCI
    extra cards.
    Thank you in advance

    CPU P4 3,06 (524) S.775 FSB533
    INTEL D101GGCL 775 ATI DDR SV R 1 PCIE 16X D.CORE
    Mem KINGSTON DDR2 1GB 533
    HD SATA 80GB SEAGATE ST380211AS
    /or/
    HD SATA 120GB SEAGATE ST3120026AS
    --
    Eduardo Grosclaude
    Universidad Nacional del Comahue
    Neuquen, Argentina
  • Eduardo Grosclaude at Jan 13, 2007 at 4:39 pm
    Thank you, Drew
    As an aside-- I know compatibility lists exist, but they never happen
    to know about my distro or my hardware. I seem not to find RHCL usable
    either. Does it exist some service to register one's working hardware
    out there? Think having a script to survey the machine, then once you
    are satisfied with your hardware upload the profile to some site,
    throw in a search page. IIRC, gaming people have such a thing.
[...]

  • Drew Weaver at Jan 13, 2007 at 5:57 pm
    We basically try before we buy now; we do such high volume that our
    vendors are willing to send us samples of systems we intend to use and
    then we try it out and if it doesn't work we don't purchase them.

    Saves us a lot of time.

    I find that 99% of the Intel motherboards work fine unless they're the
    965/975 or S5000 series which I guess?? Wont work until march..

    Thanks,
    -Drew
    XLHost.com