I have 2 new servers built from 4.3 isos. I want to update them but
cannot do that because of update issues:

Up2date fails because of a several dependency issues.
yum update fails because of a problem with the au mirrors. yum can find
the mirrors but not the headers.

Cheers

Search Discussions

  • Johnny Hughes at Dec 8, 2006 at 9:28 pm

    I have 2 new servers built from 4.3 isos. I want to update them but
    cannot do that because of update issues:

    Up2date fails because of a several dependency issues.
    yum update fails because of a problem with the au mirrors. yum can find
    the mirrors but not the headers.
    I would recommend that you install yum-plugin-fastestmirror and enable
    plugins in /etc/yum.conf by adding:

    plugins=1

    Then you can rollover to 10 mirrors using the default configuration.

    The up2date issue happened because of a bug with handling obsoletes ...
    which is fixed in an update :P

    also ... header issues normally mean you need to clean your yum
    cache ....

    yum clean cache