I'm hoping someone out there can tell me or direct me on where to find
this info on how to make files placed into an ftp directory available
via an url link in an email. I will have a staff member upload the
files to a directory on my ftp server (which is also the web server) and
the files would have to be automatically linked to a web directory,
unless the files can be read directly from the ftp server. This needs
to have no interaction from me and should be automagic.....

Any and all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

Search Discussions

  • Les Mikesell at Sep 1, 2006 at 6:05 pm

    I'm hoping someone out there can tell me or direct me on where to find
    this info on how to make files placed into an ftp directory available
    via an url link in an email. I will have a staff member upload the
    files to a directory on my ftp server (which is also the web server) and
    the files would have to be automatically linked to a web directory,
    unless the files can be read directly from the ftp server. This needs
    to have no interaction from me and should be automagic.....

    Any and all would be greatly appreciated.
    No need to link anything - just make the home directory for the
    user doing the ftp operation the same place that httpd expects
    to find the files and permissioned accordingly. The user can
    view the web server's directory link after the upload and mail
    that page or cut/paste the URL into the email.

    --
    Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com

    Les Mikesell wrote:
    I'm hoping someone out there can tell me or direct me on where to find
    this info on how to make files placed into an ftp directory available
    via an url link in an email. I will have a staff member upload the
    files to a directory on my ftp server (which is also the web server) and
    the files would have to be automatically linked to a web directory,
    unless the files can be read directly from the ftp server. This needs
    to have no interaction from me and should be automagic.....

    Any and all would be greatly appreciated.
    No need to link anything - just make the home directory for the
    user doing the ftp operation the same place that httpd expects
    to find the files and permissioned accordingly. The user can
    view the web server's directory link after the upload and mail
    that page or cut/paste the URL into the email.
    Hi Les:

    Thanks, that did the trick. I appreciate the quick response.

    Ed
  • Email Lists at Sep 1, 2006 at 7:15 pm
    -> Les Mikesell wrote: to Ed's original also

    -> >> I'm hoping someone out there can tell me or direct me on where to find
    -> >> this info on how to make files placed into an ftp directory available
    -> >> via an url link in an email. I will have a staff member upload the
    -> >> files to a directory on my ftp server (which is also the web server)
    -> and
    -> >> the files would have to be automatically linked to a web directory,
    -> >> unless the files can be read directly from the ftp server. This needs
    -> >> to have no interaction from me and should be automagic.....
    -> >>
    -> >> Any and all would be greatly appreciated.
    -> >>
    -> >
    -> > No need to link anything - just make the home directory for the
    -> > user doing the ftp operation the same place that httpd expects
    -> > to find the files and permissioned accordingly. The user can
    -> > view the web server's directory link after the upload and mail
    -> > that page or cut/paste the URL into the email.
    -> >
    -> >

    Then Ed replied...

    -> Hi Les:
    ->
    -> Thanks, that did the trick. I appreciate the quick response.
    ->
    -> Ed

    Ed

    Can you tell us specifically what you did?

    I am a tad confused or lost here... and this is an interesting Centos app of
    course. :-)

    I think the default setting for httpd is not to display the contents of a
    directory especially if there is no index file.

    - rh

    --
    Robert - Abba Communications
    Computer & Internet Services