I have a NVIDIA 5200 FX graphics card. After reinstalling the nvidia driver for kernel 2.6.9-42-EL and doing a startx command from lvl 3, the x window software issues a failed to get interupt from graphics driver. I tried to reinstall the graphics driver again and got the same results. I changed back to the previous kernel and reinstalled the nvidia driver and the problem went away. I am at wonder why this would happen with a kernel upgrade from centos.

--
Richard Miles
Federal Way WA. USA

Search Discussions

  • Matthew Miller at Aug 26, 2006 at 1:49 am

    I have a NVIDIA 5200 FX graphics card. After reinstalling the nvidia
    driver for kernel 2.6.9-42-EL and doing a startx command from lvl 3, the x
    window software issues a failed to get interupt from graphics driver. I
    tried to reinstall the graphics driver again and got the same results. I
    changed back to the previous kernel and reinstalled the nvidia driver and
    the problem went away. I am at wonder why this would happen with a kernel
    upgrade from centos.
    Ask Nvidia. They're the only ones who can tell.

    --
    Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org <http://mattdm.org/>
    Boston University Linux ------> <http://linux.bu.edu/>