I need to install a web based cgi that provides an attractive interface
for doing traceroutes, ping, and possibly mtr.

I know it is not very difficult to write this but does anyone know of a
good package that provides tools like this.

The target audience is upper level management that have never seen a
command line.

Search Discussions

  • Jim Perrin at Jan 8, 2006 at 4:44 pm

    I need to install a web based cgi that provides an attractive interface
    for doing traceroutes, ping, and possibly mtr.

    I know it is not very difficult to write this but does anyone know of a
    good package that provides tools like this.

    The target audience is upper level management that have never seen a
    command line.
    Hmmmm upper management with gui/pretty colored access to ping and
    traceroute. Something about this smells dangerous.
    Most network monitoring tools like nagios and others do this, but
    it's not really a frontend where you can pick a machine and make it
    go. They're designed to monitor specific things on specific machines
    or network segments.

    --
    Jim Perrin
    System Architect - UIT

    I need to install a web based cgi that provides an attractive interface
    for doing traceroutes, ping, and possibly mtr.

    I know it is not very difficult to write this but does anyone know of a
    good package that provides tools like this.

    The target audience is upper level management that have never seen a
    command line.
    Hmmmm upper management with gui/pretty colored access to ping and
    traceroute. Something about this smells dangerous.
    Most network monitoring tools like nagios and others do this, but
    it's not really a frontend where you can pick a machine and make it
    go. They're designed to monitor specific things on specific machines
    or network segments.
    this seems to look like it fits the description.
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/networkjack/
    I will try it.

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedJan 8, '06 at 4:11p
activeJan 8, '06 at 9:51p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Robin Mordasiewicz: 2 posts Jim Perrin: 1 post