Note: As a digest subscriber the favour of a direct reply is
requested in addition to the list.

I had a network connection interrupted while running yum update on
a remote server. The last line displayed showed 189/3?? updated.
Subsequently I reconnected and now yum reports that there is
nothing to do:

Setting up Upgrade Process
Setting up repositories
update 100% |=========================| 951 B
00:00
base 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
addons 100% |=========================| 951 B
00:00
extras 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

Is there any simple way to check what the actual state of that
machine is or to force yum to reapply all outstanding updates
regardless of whether they are already installed or not?

Regards,
Jim

--
*** e-mail is not a secure channel ***
mailto:byrnejb.<token>@harte-lyne.ca

Search Discussions

  • Alexander Dalloz at Nov 5, 2005 at 12:42 am

[...]

    I guess the yum update finished - see your /var/log/yum.log.

    Alexander

    Serendipity 01:40:46 up 6 days, 23:41, load average: 0.16, 0.20, 0.18