I have CentOS4.1 up to date and I get on boot:

ipw2200: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
divert: allocating divert_blk for eth1
ipw2200: ipw-2.2-boot.fw load failed: Reason -2
ipw2200: Unable to load firmware: 0xFFFFFFFE
divert: freeing divert_blk for eth1
ipw2200: failed to register network device
ipw2200: probe of 0000:03:03.0 failed with error -5

My understanding from RedHat is that the current update
includes ipw2200 v1.0.4.

I have googled around, and cannot find a decent howto.

Any suggestion?

Search Discussions

  • Marc Picornell at Aug 5, 2005 at 8:36 pm
    Hi,
    You just need to download the firmware from this site
    http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/
    Put the firmware somewhere in /lib/hotplug
    Restart
    Regards,
    Marc Picornell de Louvigny

    --