Hi all,
New member here and new to Linux. Please excuse me if my questions
appear a bit dumb.
I have just installed CentOS 4 and I am playing around. I must say the
install process was fabulous and I had no problems. I am now playing
with a few of the apps.
I have a Canon Pixma MP780 multi-function centre which was correctly
identified by the installer however I cannot find a driver for it and
hence cannot print to it.
Does anyone know if a Linux driver exists for this printer or
alternatively what existing printer driver will work.
Thanks in advance.
Ian

Search Discussions

  • Matt Hyclak at Jun 2, 2005 at 12:42 pm

    On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 07:25:13PM +1000, Ian Bennett enlightened us:
    New member here and new to Linux. Please excuse me if my questions
    appear a bit dumb.
    I have just installed CentOS 4 and I am playing around. I must say the
    install process was fabulous and I had no problems. I am now playing
    with a few of the apps.
    I have a Canon Pixma MP780 multi-function centre which was correctly
    identified by the installer however I cannot find a driver for it and
    hence cannot print to it.
    Does anyone know if a Linux driver exists for this printer or
    alternatively what existing printer driver will work.
    Thanks in advance.
    It doesn't look promising, but there are a couple of posts on the
    linuxprinting.org mailing list about it.
    http://www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/canon-list/

    Matt

    --
    Matt Hyclak