Are there any updated instructions for installing Windows virtio drivers on
a KVM Windows XP vm under CentOS6? The virtio .iso directory structure is
slightly different from what is described in the RHEL6 virtualisation
manual, and when I attempt to install e.g. the viostor driver, the device
manager cannot find anything better than what is already installed. I tried
each of the Wlh/Wnet/Wxp/XP directories.

Search Discussions

  • Nux at Jan 31, 2012 at 10:54 am
    Are there any updated instructions for installing Windows virtio drivers on
    a KVM Windows XP vm under CentOS6? The virtio .iso directory structure is
    slightly different from what is described in the RHEL6 virtualisation
    manual, and when I attempt to install e.g. the viostor driver, the device
    manager cannot find anything better than what is already installed. I tried
    each of the Wlh/Wnet/Wxp/XP directories.
    Don't know about Xp, but I installed several Winbl0w$ 7 on virtio using the
    floppy image file from http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/bin/
    It always managed to find the driver from the vfd/floppy and continue
    installation.

    --
    Nux!
    www.nux.ro
    Are there any updated instructions for installing Windows virtio drivers on
    a KVM Windows XP vm under CentOS6? The virtio .iso directory structure is
    slightly different from what is described in the RHEL6 virtualisation
    manual, and when I attempt to install e.g. the viostor driver, the device
    manager cannot find anything better than what is already installed. I tried
    each of the Wlh/Wnet/Wxp/XP directories.
    In this very extensive guide for setting op a 2-node KVM cluster in RH6
    he also sets up a Windows 2008 server using the virtio drivers. You need
    to scroll down a fair bit. Here is the link for the part where he
    explains how to provision a Windows 2008 server.

    https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial#Provisioning_vm0004-ms

    Maybe this is of use for you.

    --
    Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

    Hans Vos
  • Lars Hecking at Feb 1, 2012 at 11:05 am

    In this very extensive guide for setting op a 2-node KVM cluster in RH6
    he also sets up a Windows 2008 server using the virtio drivers. You need
    to scroll down a fair bit. Here is the link for the part where he
    explains how to provision a Windows 2008 server.

    https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial#Provisioning_vm0004-ms

    Maybe this is of use for you.
    Thanks, Hans. After looking at all the options, I started from scratch and
    am now installing with virt-manager following the RHEL "Virtualization Host
    Configuration and Guest Installation Guide", 10.1.2. Installing drivers
    during the Windows installation. The emphasis being on *during*.

    I did manage to install the balloon drivers onto the previous image, but
    just them, and no idea how to add the other virtio drivers.

groupcentos-virt @
categoriescentos
postedJan 31, '12 at 10:30a
activeFeb 1, '12 at 11:05a
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

3 users in discussion

Lars Hecking: 2 posts Hans Vos: 1 post Nux: 1 post