Earlier this evening I updated our CentOS-6.2 kvm virtual
host to kernel 2.6.32-220.4.1.el6. After rebooting three
guests are hung. I cannot establish connections via the
network (no route to host) and the virtual console is
unresponsive. On two of them I was able to initiate the
login process but after the password prompt the system no
longer responded. On the other the system hung when I
tried to run the vi editor.

The console display on each of the affected guests shows a
long list of hung tasks:

task jbd2/dm-0-0:384 blocked for more than 120 seconds
. . .
task jbd2/dm-3-8:838 blocked for more than 120 seconfs

task master:1226 blocked for more than . . .

task miniserv.pl:1248 blocked

task pickup:29136 blocked

The lists on each guest vary somewhat but share most of
the same processes being blocked. One has a postmaster
task that does not display on any of the others.

I can recover from this but I want to get these guests
restarted if I possibly can. Is there a way to do this?
What would cause the problem?

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
James B. Byrne mailto:ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca

groupcentos-virt @
categoriescentos
postedJan 31, '12 at 10:02p
activeJan 31, '12 at 10:02p