I've got a CentOS 5.6 guest running on 6.0 host.

Using virsh attach-disk, I attached a new raw file as vdc
However, the guest does not detect this new disk.

In the past, I've used the following
echo "0 0 0" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host#/scan

command to make a CentOS system scan for new drives.

However in the guest, there is no host in scsi_host so this isn't an option.

I can't seem to find any information on doing this any other way apart
from a reboot. Does anybody know if there is any other way?

Search Discussions

  • Ian Forde at Sep 20, 2011 at 11:47 am
    Partprobe

    Sent from my iPad
    I've got a CentOS 5.6 guest running on 6.0 host.

    Using virsh attach-disk, I attached a new raw file as vdc
    However, the guest does not detect this new disk.

    In the past, I've used the following
    echo "0 0 0" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host#/scan

    command to make a CentOS system scan for new drives.

    However in the guest, there is no host in scsi_host so this isn't an option.

    I can't seem to find any information on doing this any other way apart
    from a reboot. Does anybody know if there is any other way?
  • Emmanuel Noobadmin at Sep 20, 2011 at 1:23 pm