I can't get xen live migration to work - CentOS 5.6. I have set up
xend-config.sxp as per RHEL5 virtualization guide, but when I try
it, I get

[root at xenhost1 ]# xm migrate testwww xenhost2 -l
Error: (104, 'Connection reset by peer')
Usage: xm migrate <Domain> <Host>

Migrate a domain to another machine.

-h, --help Print this help.
-l, --live Use live migration.
-p=portnum, --port=portnum
Use specified port for migration.
-r=MBIT, --resource=MBIT
Set level of resource usage for migration.

Any ideas what to check? brctl, xend-config.sxp, lsof, are all in agreement
with http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Virtualization/chap-Virtualization-Xen_live_migration.html.

Search Discussions

  • Lars Hecking at May 12, 2011 at 10:39 am

    Lars Hecking writes:

    I can't get xen live migration to work - CentOS 5.6. I have set up
    xend-config.sxp as per RHEL5 virtualization guide, but when I try
    it, I get

    [root at xenhost1 ]# xm migrate testwww xenhost2 -l
    Error: (104, 'Connection reset by peer')
    Usage: xm migrate <Domain> <Host>
    D'oh. This is typical - I found the solution right after I posted.
    xend-config.sxp on the target host was a copy of the file on the
    original host - I needed to update xend-relocation-hosts-allow.

groupcentos-virt @
categoriescentos
postedMay 12, '11 at 10:33a
activeMay 12, '11 at 10:39a