I would like to mount a remote windows disk as samba share drive but unable
to do so on my host node. I tried it on my instances and it works so i am
suspecting that perhaps firewall could be blocking it.

Right now i see that the iptables for the host node with KVM installed :

iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:bootps
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:bootps

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere 192.168.122.0/24 state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT all -- 192.168.122.0/24 anywhere
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
REJECT all -- anywhere anywhere reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT all -- anywhere anywhere reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Do i need to add anything to allow samba share to work?

Thanks!
yongsan