I am investigating building a live CD image to be used as KVM host
and then putting that image on a USB key (to end up with a environment
similar to ESXi). I see tools in in Fedora for both tasks, but I
have not seen them in CentOS.

Before I blaze a path, I was wondering if anyone has done this before..

Thanks for any feedback,
David

Search Discussions

  • Karanbir Singh at Sep 2, 2010 at 8:05 am

    I am investigating building a live CD image to be used as KVM host
    and then putting that image on a USB key (to end up with a environment
    similar to ESXi). I see tools in in Fedora for both tasks, but I
    have not seen them in CentOS.
    Are these tools from Fedora usable for CentOS as well ? there have been
    fairly large incremental updates to kvm and the virt tools on CentOS-5
    recently.
    Before I blaze a path, I was wondering if anyone has done this before..
    Either way, this is something that could use a bit of docs on, would you
    consider contributing to the wiki.c.o ?

    - KB

groupcentos-virt @
categoriescentos
postedSep 1, '10 at 4:18p
activeSep 2, '10 at 8:05a
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Karanbir Singh: 1 post David Knierim: 1 post