Hey Virtualeers,

When using domxml to configure a Xen domain, where is the meta spec for boot order?

Before domxml, using xen-xm, this was easy:
boot = 'dca' ; 1-CD | 2-HD | 3-floppy

When I try adding this below with Virsh (vi), it is erased in Xen domains
<boot dev='hd'>

In KVM domains it is accepted.

--
Mark

Search Discussions

  • Pasi Kärkkäinen at Jan 19, 2010 at 7:42 am

    When using domxml to configure a Xen domain, where is the meta spec for boot order?

    Before domxml, using xen-xm, this was easy:
    boot = 'dca' ; 1-CD | 2-HD | 3-floppy

    When I try adding this below with Virsh (vi), it is erased in Xen domains
    <boot dev='hd'>

    In KVM domains it is accepted.
    Did you check upstream (Redhat) bugzilla?

    Other than that it might be a good idea to send an email to
    libvirt-users mailinglist..

    -- Pasi

groupcentos-virt @
categoriescentos