I am trying to create a private Centos mirror for local domain. I want
this private mirror to be in sync with central mirror the tools i
started to use are httpd and rsync but now i find that rsync requires
873 port to be accepted but since i am across a secured network i can
only access remote servers throug http only as it is my org policy, can
someone suggest me any tool for synchronization of folders over http
proxy.

Thanks & Regards,
Manikanta.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Manikanta Swamy K

www.wipro.com

Search Discussions

  • Lucian at May 6, 2009 at 7:07 am

    I am trying to create a private Centos mirror for local domain. I want
    this private mirror to be in sync with central mirror the tools i
    started to use are httpd and rsync but now i find that rsync requires
    873 port to be accepted but since i am across a secured network i can
    only access remote servers throug http only as it is my org policy, can
    someone suggest me any tool for synchronization of folders over http
    proxy.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Manikanta.
    You could try lftp's mirror feature.
    Check this for example:
    http://www.linux.com/feature/122169
    and the man page, of course.
    Problem with (l)ftp is that it's SLOW and not nearly as reliable as
    rsync.
  • Manikanta at May 6, 2009 at 8:32 am

    I am trying to create a private Centos mirror for local domain. I
    want this private mirror to be in sync with central mirror the
    tools i started to use are httpd and rsync but now i find that
    rsync requires 873 port to be accepted but since i am across a
    secured network i can only access remote servers throug http only
    as it is my org policy, can someone suggest me any tool for
    synchronization of folders over http proxy.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Manikanta.
    You could try lftp's mirror feature.
    Check this for example:
    http://www.linux.com/feature/122169
    and the man page, of course.
    Problem with (l)ftp is that it's SLOW and not nearly as reliable as
    rsync.
    Is there any HTTP based synchroniztion tool?

    Thanks & Regards,
    Manikanta Swamy K
    Project Engineer | Bangalore | 9986991495

    www.wipro.com
  • Manuel Wolfshant at May 6, 2009 at 8:36 am

    Manikanta wrote:
    On Wed, 06 May 2009 08:07:04 +0100
    I am trying to create a private Centos mirror for local domain. I
    want this private mirror to be in sync with central mirror the
    tools i started to use are httpd and rsync but now i find that
    rsync requires 873 port to be accepted but since i am across a
    secured network i can only access remote servers throug http only
    as it is my org policy, can someone suggest me any tool for
    synchronization of folders over http proxy.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Manikanta.
    You could try lftp's mirror feature.
    Check this for example:
    http://www.linux.com/feature/122169
    and the man page, of course.
    Problem with (l)ftp is that it's SLOW and not nearly as reliable as
    rsync.
    Is there any HTTP based synchroniztion tool?
    lftp speaks http. So do reposync, curl, wget and mrepo
  • Prof. P. Sriram at May 6, 2009 at 9:09 am