FAQ
All,

We are releasing 5.2 to the mirrors via msync.centos.org and
msync-dvd.centos.org.

Initially (for the first 24-48 hours) the permissions on the 5.2
directory will be 770 ... which should put it on your mirror but NOT
show it via your web server.

We will change the permissions (flip the bit :D) on the 5.2 directory to
775 after we get a significant amount of external mirrors that show as
synced.

We are doing this to minimize bad updates (and/or downloads) until the
mirrors are fully synced.

If any of you have extra bandwidth and want to seed the Bittorrents,
that would also be appreciated as well, the torrent files are in the
isos directories.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 251 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/attachments/20080621/4eb07375/signature.bin

Search Discussions

  • Support || Liteserver at Jun 22, 2008 at 2:50 pm
    Hi All,

    I'm syncing my centos mirror with "centos.bio.lmu.de/CentOS".
    My mirror (mirror.liteserver.nl/pub/centos) isn't yet updated, because the
    permissions on the 5.2 directory. (rsync: opendir "/5.2" (in CentOS) failed:
    Permission denied (13))
    My mirror will be updated after the changed directory permissions (775).
    Is this big a problem for the release?

    I'm going to seed the torrents files as well (2Gbps bandwidth), but first I
    need the torrent files ;)



    Regards


    -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
    Van: centos-mirror-bounces@centos.org
    Namens Johnny Hughes
    Verzonden: zondag 22 juni 2008 6:21
    Aan: Mailing list for CentOS mirrors.
    Onderwerp: [CentOS-mirror] 5.2 Release going to mirrors

    All,

    We are releasing 5.2 to the mirrors via msync.centos.org and
    msync-dvd.centos.org.

    Initially (for the first 24-48 hours) the permissions on the 5.2 directory
    will be 770 ... which should put it on your mirror but NOT show it via your
    web server.

    We will change the permissions (flip the bit :D) on the 5.2 directory to
    775 after we get a significant amount of external mirrors that show as
    synced.

    We are doing this to minimize bad updates (and/or downloads) until the
    mirrors are fully synced.

    If any of you have extra bandwidth and want to seed the Bittorrents, that
    would also be appreciated as well, the torrent files are in the isos
    directories.

    Thanks,
    Johnny Hughes
  • Ralph Angenendt at Jun 22, 2008 at 3:52 pm

    Support || Liteserver wrote:
    Hi All,

    I'm syncing my centos mirror with "centos.bio.lmu.de/CentOS".
    My mirror (mirror.liteserver.nl/pub/centos) isn't yet updated, because the
    permissions on the 5.2 directory. (rsync: opendir "/5.2" (in CentOS) failed:
    Permission denied (13))
    Okay, I opened up that mirror for rsyncing. Be aware though that the
    mirror also is still syncing, so you won't get a complete tree after
    your first sync at the moment.

    Cheers,

    Ralph
    -------------- next part --------------
    A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
    Name: not available
    Type: application/pgp-signature
    Size: 194 bytes
    Desc: not available
    Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/attachments/20080622/5c7a364b/attachment.bin
  • Pasi Sjöholm at Jul 16, 2008 at 2:58 pm
    Hi,

    Others having problems connecting eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162)?

    --cut--
    rsync 72.232.194.162::
    rsync: failed to connect to 72.232.194.162: No route to host (113)
    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(94)
    --cut--

    --cut--
    []# ./centos-mirror.sh
    No Mirror Process Detected
    Mirror Started at Wed Jul 16 17:51:45 EEST 2008
    rsync: failed to connect to eu-msync.centos.org: No route to host
    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(83)
    Mirror Ended at Wed Jul 16 17:51:50 EEST 2008
    --cut--

    --cut--
    PING eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 162.194.232.72.static.reverse.ltdomains.com (72.232.194.162): icmp_seq=0 ttl8 time8 ms
    64 bytes from 162.194.232.72.static.reverse.ltdomains.com (72.232.194.162): icmp_seq=1 ttl8 time7 ms
    64 bytes from 162.194.232.72.static.reverse.ltdomains.com (72.232.194.162): icmp_seq=2 ttl8 time6 ms
    --cut--

    Br,
    Pasi
  • Vollmann Peter at Jul 16, 2008 at 2:59 pm
    hy,


    yes same problem here.

    Br,
    Peter




    -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
    Von: centos-mirror-bounces@centos.org im Auftrag von Sj?holm Pasi
    Gesendet: Mi 16.07.2008 16:58
    An: Mailing list for CentOS mirrors.
    Betreff: [CentOS-mirror] rsync: failed to connect to eu-msync.centos.org: Noroute to host

    Hi,

    Others having problems connecting eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162)?

    --cut--
    rsync 72.232.194.162::
    rsync: failed to connect to 72.232.194.162: No route to host (113)
    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(94)
    --cut--

    --cut--
    []# ./centos-mirror.sh
    No Mirror Process Detected
    Mirror Started at Wed Jul 16 17:51:45 EEST 2008
    rsync: failed to connect to eu-msync.centos.org: No route to host
    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(83)
    Mirror Ended at Wed Jul 16 17:51:50 EEST 2008
    --cut--

    --cut--
    PING eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 162.194.232.72.static.reverse.ltdomains.com (72.232.194.162): icmp_seq=0 ttl8 time8 ms
    64 bytes from 162.194.232.72.static.reverse.ltdomains.com (72.232.194.162): icmp_seq=1 ttl8 time7 ms
    64 bytes from 162.194.232.72.static.reverse.ltdomains.com (72.232.194.162): icmp_seq=2 ttl8 time6 ms
    --cut--

    Br,
    Pasi

    _______________________________________________
    CentOS-mirror mailing list
    CentOS-mirror@centos.org
    http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-mirror
  • Mike Zanker at Jul 16, 2008 at 3:02 pm

    On 16/07/08 15:58, Sj?holm Pasi wrote:

    Others having problems connecting eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162)?
    Yes - been happening for a few days now.

    Mike
  • Mike Zanker at Jul 21, 2008 at 9:24 am

    On 16/07/08 16:02, Mike Zanker wrote:
    On 16/07/08 15:58, Sj?holm Pasi wrote:

    Others having problems connecting eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162)?
    Yes - been happening for a few days now.
    And still happening - the last few rsyncs have failed with the 'no route
    to host' message. Can the rogue machine not be taken out of the msync
    DNS record?

    Regards,

    Mike
  • Johnny Hughes at Jul 21, 2008 at 10:26 am

    Mike Zanker wrote:
    On 16/07/08 16:02, Mike Zanker wrote:
    On 16/07/08 15:58, Sj?holm Pasi wrote:

    Others having problems connecting eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162)?
    Yes - been happening for a few days now.
    And still happening - the last few rsyncs have failed with the 'no route
    to host' message. Can the rogue machine not be taken out of the msync
    DNS record?
    Rouge is not a good word ... it seems one of the servers is powered off,
    which was corrected and happened again.

    It has been removed until we can figure out what is wrong with it.

    Thanks,
    Johnny Hughes

    -------------- next part --------------
    A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
    Name: signature.asc
    Type: application/pgp-signature
    Size: 251 bytes
    Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
    Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/attachments/20080721/dddbc4ff/signature.bin
  • Tru Huynh at Jul 16, 2008 at 3:51 pm

    On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 05:58:10PM +0300, Sj?holm Pasi wrote:
    Hi,

    Others having problems connecting eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162)?
    typo ? eu-mrsync.centos.org (extra R)
    eu-mrsync.centos.org does not exist, so it's fall back to www.centos.org

    [tru@sillage ~ ]$ host does-not-exist.centos.org
    does-not-exist.centos.org has address 72.232.194.162
    --cut--
    rsync 72.232.194.162::
    rsync: failed to connect to 72.232.194.162: No route to host (113)
    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(94)
    --cut--
    there is no rsync server on the webserver.
    --cut--
    []# ./centos-mirror.sh
    No Mirror Process Detected
    Mirror Started at Wed Jul 16 17:51:45 EEST 2008
    rsync: failed to connect to eu-msync.centos.org: No route to host
    that's interesting:
    eu-msync.centos.org (without R) is a round-robin of 3 servers
    one of them (131.211.85.22) has been down for some days now.
    --cut--

    --cut--
    PING eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162) 56(84) bytes of data.
    typo ;)

    Cheers,

    Tru
    --
    Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS-3 i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xBEFA581B
    -------------- next part --------------
    A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
    Name: not available
    Type: application/pgp-signature
    Size: 189 bytes
    Desc: not available
    Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/attachments/20080716/575286b7/attachment.bin
  • Pasi Sjöholm at Jul 16, 2008 at 4:21 pm

    []# ./centos-mirror.sh
    No Mirror Process Detected
    Mirror Started at Wed Jul 16 17:51:45 EEST 2008
    rsync: failed to connect to eu-msync.centos.org: No route to host
    that's interesting:
    eu-msync.centos.org (without R) is a round-robin of 3 servers
    one of them (131.211.85.22) has been down for some days now.
    Yeah, that's it. I guess there is a firewall sending ICMP-packets back to clients:

    rsync 131.211.85.22::
    rsync: failed to connect to 131.211.85.22: No route to host
    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(83)

    PING 131.211.85.22 (131.211.85.22) 56(84) bytes of data.
    From 131.211.0.18 icmp_seq=0 Destination Host Unreachable
    From 131.211.0.18 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
    From 131.211.0.18 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
    Could you just remove 131.211.85.22 from the eu-msync.centos.org A-record for time being until it's up again?
    --cut--
    PING eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162) 56(84) bytes of data.
    typo ;)
    Argh... :D

    Br,
    Pasi
  • Johnny Hughes at Jul 16, 2008 at 4:33 pm

    Tru Huynh wrote:
    On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 05:58:10PM +0300, Sj?holm Pasi wrote:
    Hi,

    Others having problems connecting eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162)?
    typo ? eu-mrsync.centos.org (extra R)
    eu-mrsync.centos.org does not exist, so it's fall back to www.centos.org

    [tru@sillage ~ ]$ host does-not-exist.centos.org
    does-not-exist.centos.org has address 72.232.194.162
    ALSO ... for the record, you should use msync and not eu-msync. You CAN
    use eu-msync, but msync will pick a server that is in EU if you are from
    the EU, one that is desginated for the Asia Pacific or US as appropiate
    based on the connecting IP address.

    --cut--
    rsync 72.232.194.162::
    rsync: failed to connect to 72.232.194.162: No route to host (113)
    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(94)
    --cut--
    there is no rsync server on the webserver.
    --cut--
    []# ./centos-mirror.sh
    No Mirror Process Detected
    Mirror Started at Wed Jul 16 17:51:45 EEST 2008
    rsync: failed to connect to eu-msync.centos.org: No route to host
    that's interesting:
    eu-msync.centos.org (without R) is a round-robin of 3 servers
    one of them (131.211.85.22) has been down for some days now.
    --cut--

    --cut--
    PING eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162) 56(84) bytes of data.
    -------------- next part --------------
    A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
    Name: signature.asc
    Type: application/pgp-signature
    Size: 251 bytes
    Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
    Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/attachments/20080716/47299c98/signature.bin
  • H.J. Kuijlaars at Jul 17, 2008 at 5:01 am

    Johnny Hughes wrote:
    Tru Huynh wrote:
    On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 05:58:10PM +0300, Sj?holm Pasi wrote:
    Hi,

    Others having problems connecting eu-mrsync.centos.org
    (72.232.194.162)?
    typo ? eu-mrsync.centos.org (extra R)
    eu-mrsync.centos.org does not exist, so it's fall back to www.centos.org

    [tru@sillage ~ ]$ host does-not-exist.centos.org
    does-not-exist.centos.org has address 72.232.194.162
    ALSO ... for the record, you should use msync and not eu-msync. You
    CAN use eu-msync, but msync will pick a server that is in EU if you
    are from the EU, one that is desginated for the Asia Pacific or US as
    appropiate based on the connecting IP address.

    --cut--
    rsync 72.232.194.162::
    rsync: failed to connect to 72.232.194.162: No route to host (113)
    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(94)
    --cut--
    there is no rsync server on the webserver.
    --cut--
    []# ./centos-mirror.sh
    No Mirror Process Detected
    Mirror Started at Wed Jul 16 17:51:45 EEST 2008
    rsync: failed to connect to eu-msync.centos.org: No route to host
    that's interesting:
    eu-msync.centos.org (without R) is a round-robin of 3 servers
    one of them (131.211.85.22) has been down for some days now.
    --cut--

    --cut--
    PING eu-mrsync.centos.org (72.232.194.162) 56(84) bytes of data.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    _______________________________________________
    CentOS-mirror mailing list
    CentOS-mirror@centos.org
    http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-mirror
    Same over here

    rsync -aqzH --delete msync.centos.org::CentOS
    failed to connect to msync.centos.org: No route to host (113)
    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
    [receiver=3.0.2

    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
    URL: http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/attachments/20080717/08278026/attachment.htm

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcentos-mirror @
categoriescentos
postedJun 22, '08 at 4:20a
activeJul 21, '08 at 10:26a
posts12
users8
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase