All,

We are going to be securing rsync on the msync (also us-msync and eu-
msync) mirrors to allow us to push the CentOS-4.2 tree to all the
mirrors and get them up and running. This will probably happen about 2
hours from now.

We are trying this method to minimize the time that mirrors are out of
date with unusable yum configurations.

Also, if you upgrade your rsync on your mirror to > 2.6.4 (you can get
that from dag's repo) then you can use the "--delay-updates" option to
minimize the time your mirror has unusable yum metadata.

As soon as all the servers are back on line, I will make an announcement
on this list again.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes