Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if we could have a talk about CentOS visual identity,
so to consolidate the path to follow and coordinate further efforts in
this matter.

There are two points I would like to call attention to. The first one
is the visual structure of CentOS Project (see
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Identity). The second one is the CentOS
Project logo (see http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Brand/Logo).

In the very specific case of CentOS Logo it is necessary to note that
it is being used in different manners in official places. This affects
the strength of the CentOS brand. For example, consider the
construction described in the wiki page above and the logos shown in
wiki.centos.org, bugs.centos.org and mirror.centos.org sites. Although
they are similar they aren't exactly the same.

The construction I propose in the wiki is based on the CentOS logo
published in the sources of CentOS 5. In these files, the CentOS logo
is entirely plain and does not have any ornament (like shadow or
bright) on it.

I am planning to put ready-to use CentOS logos files in SVG format in
the wiki and I would like you to express your opinion in the correct
CentOS logo that should be used so we can unify this and give more
strength to CentOS Project visual identity.

Best Regards,
al.

Search Discussions

  • Fabian Arrotin at Apr 18, 2015 at 6:19 am

[...]

    Hi Alain,

    That's a good idea.
    What I'm wondering is why using a black font for "CentOS" on a light
    background ? why not using something like blue ?

    Cheers, and thanks a lot for your work

    - --

    Fabian Arrotin
    gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab
  • Alain Reguera Delgado at Apr 19, 2015 at 8:28 pm