Hi guys,

with the Storage SIG (and its Gluster packages) available for testing, I
wanted to run some debugging tests against them. For this, I need the
-debuginfo (to make gdb/systemtap work). It seems that there is no
-debuginfo repository for in the CentOS-Gluster.repo file that gets
provided by the centos-release-gluster package.

Could someone look into this? I guess other SIGs could benefit from
providing -debuginfo packages as well.

Thanks,
Niels

Search Discussions

  • Humble Devassy Chirammal at Feb 9, 2015 at 5:44 pm
    Hi Niels,

    I am not sure whether all other SIGs include debuginfo repo. Any way we
    will look into this.

    Thanks,

    --Humble

    with the Storage SIG (and its Gluster packages) available for testing, I
    wanted to run some debugging tests against them. For this, I need the
    -debuginfo (to make gdb/systemtap work). It seems that there is no
    -debuginfo repository for in the CentOS-Gluster.repo file that gets
    provided by the centos-release-gluster package.

    Could someone look into this? I guess other SIGs could benefit from
    providing -debuginfo packages as well.

    Thanks,
    Niels
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Lalatendu Mohanty at Feb 9, 2015 at 5:49 pm

    with the Storage SIG (and its Gluster packages) available for testing, I
    wanted to run some debugging tests against them. For this, I need the
    -debuginfo (to make gdb/systemtap work). It seems that there is no
    -debuginfo repository for in the CentOS-Gluster.repo file that gets
    provided by the centos-release-gluster package.

    Could someone look into this? I guess other SIGs could benefit from
    providing -debuginfo packages as well.

    Thanks,
    Niels

    Niels,

    Thanks for reporting this. Looks like it is a sepc file issue. Ideally
    we should have build debug packages too (similar to Fedora koji builds)
    . I am going look in to this. You are also welcome to send a patch for
    this as you are a RPM expert :)

    Thanks,
    Lala
  • Niels de Vos at Feb 9, 2015 at 6:12 pm

    with the Storage SIG (and its Gluster packages) available for testing, I
    wanted to run some debugging tests against them. For this, I need the
    -debuginfo (to make gdb/systemtap work). It seems that there is no
    -debuginfo repository for in the CentOS-Gluster.repo file that gets
    provided by the centos-release-gluster package.

    Could someone look into this? I guess other SIGs could benefit from
    providing -debuginfo packages as well.

    Thanks,
    Niels
    Niels,

    Thanks for reporting this. Looks like it is a sepc file issue. Ideally we
    should have build debug packages too (similar to Fedora koji builds) . I am
    going look in to this. You are also welcome to send a patch for this as you
    are a RPM expert :)

    Hi Lala,

    the -debuginfo packages get build in CBS [1], they 'only' need to get
    put in a debuginfo repository.

    Thanks,
    Niels

    1. http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildIDf0
  • Humble Devassy Chirammal at Feb 9, 2015 at 6:17 pm
    Yeah, it just need a repo :) .
    As mentioned in my earlier thread, we need to check what other SIGs follows
    and act.

    --Humble

[...]

  • Thomas Oulevey at Feb 9, 2015 at 7:30 pm
    Hi,

    As mentioned in my earlier thread, we need to check what other SIGs
    follows and act.

    --Humble

    For info mash does generate them already:
    http://cbs.centos.org/repos/storage7-testing/x86_64/debug/

    --
    Thomas.
  • Humble Devassy Chirammal at Feb 9, 2015 at 8:05 pm

    --Humble