FAQ
hi,


the CentOS Atomic Host repo is now getting nightly updates. These are
done automatically, and pushed to the repo location on
buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/atomic/x86_64/repo


In order to apply the updates, login to your atomic host and run :
  sudo rpm-ostree upgrade


You can also see the Atomic history and rollback options via:
  sudo atomic status


In order to compare available rollback options, you can use the 'atomic
rpm diff' and 'atomic rpm list' commands.


Finally, you can rollback the changes using this atomic command; details
on the process are mentioned in the man page available via 'man atomic'
on the machine instance.


-------
The repo is updated with all devel components going into the Atomic
host, including docker, cockpit, flannel, kubernetes and rpm-ostree
itself. Additionally, all CentOS Linux 7 updates are included as well.


Highlights from todays update include:
  cockpit 0.27
  docker 1.4
  kubernetes 0.7.0
  ostree 2014.13
  kernel 3.10.0-123.13.2.el7


and added to the collect is :
  flannel 0.1.0


--------
Getting Started with CentOS Atomic Host is easy, the image is shipped as
a qcow2.xz file ( 270MB in size ) and can be downloaded from
http://buildlogs.centos.org/rolling/7/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-AtomicHost.qcow2.xz




this image includes cloud-init, and therefore expects cloud metadata to
be available when the instance is booted up. You can find details on
howto setup an iso file with this informat at :
http://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2014/10/getting-started-with-cloud-init/


Enjoy!


--
Karanbir Singh
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc

Search Discussions

  • Lars Kellogg-Stedman at Dec 19, 2014 at 3:18 pm

    On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:38:18AM +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
    this image includes cloud-init, and therefore expects cloud metadata to
    be available when the instance is booted up. You can find details on
    howto setup an iso file with this informat at :
    http://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2014/10/getting-started-with-cloud-init/

    It looks like these images are not configured to set up a console on
    the virtual serial port, which makes it impossible to get at console
    output in environments like EC2 that don't provide graphical console
    access, and annoying in environments like OpenStack where maybe
    you would prefer text over graphics because you can log it/grep
    it/etc.


    We should probably update the images to include:


         console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8


    This would match the typical configuration for other cloud images
    (e.g., the centos 7 cloud image).


    Does that sound reasonable?


    --
    Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}
    Cloud Engineering / OpenStack | http://blog.oddbit.com/


    -------------- next part --------------
    A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
    Name: not available
    Type: application/pgp-signature
    Size: 819 bytes
    Desc: not available
    URL: <http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/attachments/20141219/bd27bacc/attachment.sig>
  • Dusty Mabe at Dec 23, 2014 at 2:34 pm

    On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:18:02AM -0500, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
    On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:38:18AM +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
    this image includes cloud-init, and therefore expects cloud metadata to
    be available when the instance is booted up. You can find details on
    howto setup an iso file with this informat at :
    http://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2014/10/getting-started-with-cloud-init/
    It looks like these images are not configured to set up a console on
    the virtual serial port, which makes it impossible to get at console
    output in environments like EC2 that don't provide graphical console
    access, and annoying in environments like OpenStack where maybe
    you would prefer text over graphics because you can log it/grep
    it/etc.

    We should probably update the images to include:

    console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8

    This would match the typical configuration for other cloud images
    (e.g., the centos 7 cloud image).

    Does that sound reasonable?

    Does this look like https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id02482 ?


    Dusty
  • Karanbir Singh at Jan 15, 2015 at 1:18 pm

    On 12/23/2014 02:34 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:
    On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:18:02AM -0500, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
    On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:38:18AM +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
    this image includes cloud-init, and therefore expects cloud metadata to
    be available when the instance is booted up. You can find details on
    howto setup an iso file with this informat at :
    http://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2014/10/getting-started-with-cloud-init/
    It looks like these images are not configured to set up a console on
    the virtual serial port, which makes it impossible to get at console
    output in environments like EC2 that don't provide graphical console
    access, and annoying in environments like OpenStack where maybe
    you would prefer text over graphics because you can log it/grep
    it/etc.

    We should probably update the images to include:

    console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8

    This would match the typical configuration for other cloud images
    (e.g., the centos 7 cloud image).

    Does that sound reasonable?
    Does this look like https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id02482 ?

    I dont believe this has been done as yet, but it might be possible to
    get in.


    how does one influence the syslinux boot process from the
    rpm-ostree-toolbox builds ?


    --
    Karanbir Singh
    +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
    GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
  • Colin Walters at Jan 15, 2015 at 3:12 pm

    On Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 08:18 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
    how does one influence the syslinux boot process from the
    rpm-ostree-toolbox builds ?

    I haven't put any more effort into it because the best solution is Anaconda + kickstart.
  • Karanbir Singh at Jan 16, 2015 at 11:42 am

    On 01/15/2015 03:12 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
    On Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 08:18 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

    how does one influence the syslinux boot process from the
    rpm-ostree-toolbox builds ?
    I haven't put any more effort into it because the best solution is Anaconda + kickstart.

    works for me,




    --
    Karanbir Singh
    +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
    GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcentos-devel @
categoriescentos
postedDec 19, '14 at 10:38a
activeJan 16, '15 at 11:42a
posts6
users4
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2021 Grokbase