Hi Everyone,

We would like to welcome onboard the CERN Linux Distro team (
http://cern.ch/linux ) to the CentOS Core SIG. Thomas Oulevey and
Jaroslaw 'Jarek' Polok are going to be bootstrapping the CentOS
Community Buildsystem around Koji and helping run it going forward. The
community buildsystem is going to be the central place for all source to
binary builds used by all efforts other than CentOS Core ( for now ).

The initial target is to get a test instance running in the coming
weeks, and then work on the git.centos.org integration, with the aim of
having the 'production' buildsys online soon. This is the build service
that all SIG's and Core SIG builds will consume going forward ( with the
exception of CentOS Linux, we have quite a bit of work to do before we
can migrate that ).

Communications on this effort will be on the centos-devel mailing list (
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel ) and on the
#centos-devel irc channel on irc.freenode.net. Hardware resources for
the effort have been identified, setup and access is being setup so
things can start rolling fairly quickly. Mike McLean and Fabian Arrotin
are going to be working with them.

You can keep up with Jarek on his google+ page at
https://plus.google.com/+JaroslawPolok/ and Thomas tweets at
https://twitter.com/thomasnomas ; They both also contribute to the
http://linux.web.cern.ch/linux/ blog.

Please join me in welcoming Thomas and Jarek to the CentOS Project.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh, Project Lead, The CentOS Project
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS

  • Carl Trieloff at Jun 10, 2014 at 1:48 pm

[...]

    A warm welcome,
    Carl.
  • Dave Neary at Jun 10, 2014 at 1:55 pm

    We would like to welcome onboard the CERN Linux Distro team (
    http://cern.ch/linux ) to the CentOS Core SIG. Thomas Oulevey and
    Jaroslaw 'Jarek' Polok are going to be bootstrapping the CentOS
    Community Buildsystem around Koji and helping run it going forward. The
    community buildsystem is going to be the central place for all source to
    binary builds used by all efforts other than CentOS Core ( for now ).

    Great news! Welcome on board!

    Dave.
    --
    Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
    Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13

[...]

    Welcome to you both ... anything that means less building for me is much
    appreciated :D

    Thanks,
    Johnny Hughes