Hi all,
I'd like to write t_functional tests covering the setup of different
packages working together.

For instance, think about a complete mail server setup, consisting of
Postfix, Amavis, ClamAV, Dovecot and more... This is the typical
situation I deal with, when I run configuration management software,
like NethServer -- I hope it will be a CentOS variant :) -- acting on
the top of CentOS.

How to extend t_functional in that case? Should I add a "role" test,
such as the existing "lamp"?

I saw "role" tests are executed on the same environment, after other
"package" tests. What if a particular role test must be executed on a
pristine environment?

I'm worried about - say - OpenLDAP or MySQL: what if they are
provisioned by different test cases in a conflicting way?

Thanks in advance,

--
Davide Principi

Nethesis srl - Pesaro (Italy)

Search Discussions

  • Fabian Arrotin at Apr 4, 2014 at 2:21 pm

    I'd like to write t_functional tests covering the setup of different
    packages working together.

    For instance, think about a complete mail server setup, consisting of
    Postfix, Amavis, ClamAV, Dovecot and more... This is the typical
    situation I deal with, when I run configuration management software,
    like NethServer -- I hope it will be a CentOS variant :) -- acting on
    the top of CentOS.

    How to extend t_functional in that case? Should I add a "role" test,
    such as the existing "lamp"?

    I saw "role" tests are executed on the same environment, after other
    "package" tests. What if a particular role test must be executed on a
    pristine environment?

    I'm worried about - say - OpenLDAP or MySQL: what if they are
    provisioned by different test cases in a conflicting way?

    Thanks in advance,

    Hi Davide,

    Just to clarify : t_functional is used to test the distro, so it doesn't
    target (at this point) packages not present in the distro, but residing
    in third-party repositories.
    So in your example you can have tests for postfix and dovecot but not
    clamav.
    Also, postfix and dovecot are already tested (see for example
    https://git.centos.org/tree/sig-core!t_functional.git/d002e923e0fdacc80f3351c3c0032a02d4676d53/tests!p_postfix)
    but they can be extended if needed.

    It's also true that if you want to test interactions between versious
    packages, a role is needed (like r_lamp)

    --
    Fabian Arrotin
    gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab

groupcentos-devel @
categoriescentos
postedApr 4, '14 at 2:05p
activeApr 4, '14 at 2:21p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Davide Principi: 1 post Fabian Arrotin: 1 post