I would like to create a project with JBoss EAP similar to what CentOS
does with RHEL. A proposed name would be CentAP for Community Enterprise
Application Platform. I think the CentOS community would definitely
benefit from this.
--
Pouar
-------------- next part --------------

Search Discussions

  • Pouar at Mar 10, 2014 at 8:53 pm

    I would like to create a project with JBoss EAP similar to what CentOS
    does with RHEL. A proposed name would be CentAP for Community
    Enterprise Application Platform. I think the CentOS community would
    definitely benefit from this.
    --
    Pouar
    Step 1. Make sure I can actually compile JBoss EAP. Done. Now to find
    the trademarks and logos. Wish Red Hat would include all of these in
    separate RPMs like they did with RHEL.
    --
    Pouar
    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Karanbir Singh at Mar 10, 2014 at 9:07 pm

    I would like to create a project with JBoss EAP similar to what CentOS
    does with RHEL. A proposed name would be CentAP for Community
    Enterprise Application Platform. I think the CentOS community would
    definitely benefit from this.
    --
    Pouar
    Step 1. Make sure I can actually compile JBoss EAP. Done. Now to find
    the trademarks and logos. Wish Red Hat would include all of these in
    separate RPMs like they did with RHEL.

    have you considered wildfly as a target ? we might be able to reach out
    to the devs there for assistance ( maybe even request them to the party ? )

    --
    Karanbir Singh
  • Pouar at Mar 10, 2014 at 10:01 pm

    I would like to create a project with JBoss EAP similar to what CentOS
    does with RHEL. A proposed name would be CentAP for Community
    Enterprise Application Platform. I think the CentOS community would
    definitely benefit from this.
    --
    Pouar
    Step 1. Make sure I can actually compile JBoss EAP. Done. Now to find
    the trademarks and logos. Wish Red Hat would include all of these in
    separate RPMs like they did with RHEL.
    have you considered wildfly as a target ? we might be able to reach out
    to the devs there for assistance ( maybe even request them to the party ? )

    By target do you mean to base CentAP on Wildfly instead of JBoss EAP?
    --
    Pouar
    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Jim Perrin at Mar 11, 2014 at 11:00 am

    I would like to create a project with JBoss EAP similar to what CentOS
    does with RHEL. A proposed name would be CentAP for Community
    Enterprise Application Platform. I think the CentOS community would
    definitely benefit from this.
    --
    Pouar
    Step 1. Make sure I can actually compile JBoss EAP. Done. Now to find
    the trademarks and logos. Wish Red Hat would include all of these in
    separate RPMs like they did with RHEL.
    have you considered wildfly as a target ? we might be able to reach out
    to the devs there for assistance ( maybe even request them to the
    party ? )

    By target do you mean to base CentAP on Wildfly instead of JBoss EAP?

    Targeting wildfly instead of EAP.

    The general idea for SIGs is to showcase doing something new(er) on a
    consistent platform.

    --
    Jim Perrin
  • Mark Little at Mar 11, 2014 at 11:28 am

    http://goldmann.pl/blog/2013/09/18/wildfly-is-approaching-fedora/

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WildFly

    Mark.

[...]

    ---
    Mark Little
    mlittle at redhat.com

    JBoss, by Red Hat
    Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
    Registered in UK and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903 Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA), Matt Parsons (USA) and Brendan Lane (Ireland).
  • Karanbir Singh at Mar 11, 2014 at 11:02 am