Hi all.

some packages have Release Tags like:

6%{?dist}.2

Has that something to do with the minor release (e.g. build for el 6.2) ?

Greets
Marcus

Search Discussions

  • Johnny Hughes at Nov 23, 2011 at 5:10 pm

    On 11/23/2011 01:46 PM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
    Hi all.

    some packages have Release Tags like:

    6%{?dist}.2

    Has that something to do with the minor release (e.g. build for el 6.2) ?
    Upstream does that if they make a change and rebuild, but want to keep
    the same Name-Version-Release (N-V-R) on the file.

    CentOS may also do this if we need to rebuild an upstream file because
    we have to fix an issue, but we do not want to change the "Release" part
    of the N-V-R (so that it matches with upstream). We usually do not do
    this, but have in occasion when we need to rebuild.

    It has nothing to do with el 6.2 ... they use a "dist" of ".el6_2" when
    they want to designate something for EL 6.2.