Hello,
trying to replicate a rh el 6.1 configuration to a CentOS 6.0+CR.
Original upstream server was installed in 6.0 and then updated
gradually up to 6.1 and other packages (up to about first days of
October).
It is registered to additional channels such as High Availability,
Resilient Storage.
Overall its situation is this:
# rhn-channel -l
rhel-x86_64-server-6
rhel-x86_64-server-ha-6
rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6
rhel-x86_64-server-rs-6
rhel-x86_64-server-supplementary-6
rhel-x86_64-server-v2vwin-6
rhn-tools-rhel-x86_64-server-6

At the moment, I found some differences.
I'm going to post different e-mails for different packages

- ipa-python

It seems not available in CentOS, while there is ipa-client

On rh el:
# rpm -qi ipa-python
Name : ipa-python Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.0.0 Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release : 23.el6_1.2 Build Date: Wed 07 Sep
2011 09:48:28 PM CEST
Install Date: Fri 14 Oct 2011 01:46:42 PM CEST Build Host:
x86-006.build.bos.redhat.com
Group : System Environment/Libraries Source RPM:
ipa-2.0.0-23.el6_1.2.src.rpm
Size : 2541013 License: GPLv3+
Signature : RSA/8, Thu 15 Sep 2011 04:52:39 PM CEST, Key ID 199e2f91fd431d51
Packager : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Description :
IPA is an integrated solution to provide centrally managed Identity (machine,
user, virtual machines, groups, authentication credentials), Policy
(configuration settings, access control information) and Audit (events,
logs, analysis thereof). If you are using IPA you need to install this

On CentOS:
# yum search ipa-python
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
* base: centos.bio.lmu.de
* extras: centos.bio.lmu.de
* updates: centos.bio.lmu.de
Warning: No matches found for: ipa-python
No Matches found

Donna if it is an error or a package new for rh el 6.1 and not already
put in final CentOS 6.1....

Gianluca

groupcentos-devel @
categoriescentos