We now have a site up which will be the central location for the QA
efforts on CentOS: http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa

We're starting to use this for the 6.0 release, though I would
consider it to still be in a "testing" phase. We need to figure out
what works well here and what doesn't so that we can improve it for
future releases.

You'll notice as you go to the site that there is a calendar with
target dates for the 6.0 release. I'm not guaranteeing that we'll
make those, but that's what we're aiming for. Also, you'll see a case
tracker which is where we'll track bugs and TODOs. There's one there
currently which could use some attention which is the LiveCD creation.
If you're interested in helping that effort, please read over the
ticket and the linked sites for more info and chime in on the ticket
to help (not this email thread please). Aside from that, there's not
much there at the moment. I'm envisioning that the QA team will use
the Notebook section for reporting on tests done, and the case tracker
for reporting bugs/issues that arise during testing. This is still a
work in progress, so it may be changing as we go along. For starters,
we will be working on adding an RSS feed to the QA group so that
people can easily track activity there without having to visit the
website frequently.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in getting the site up!

-Jeff

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Sheltren at May 10, 2011 at 10:51 am