I may be able to pry time free to test CentOS 6 builds. But I don't
want to burn useful worktime with building mock files and manually
rebuilding all the SRPM's. I've got access to licensed RHEL 6 to use
as a build environment, and to do what gcc does: build a "staging"
setup, then do a clean rebuild with that staging, then do a final
rebuild to make sure material matches and look for discrepancies.

Is this already done somewhere I can get a copy, so that I don't have
to burn time re-inventing the wheel? I'd particularly like to make
sure that a current "mock" is in the "extras" repository, to speed
build times. (The current mock in epel-testing is much faster and more
efficient than the older mock releases.)

Search Discussions

  • Karanbir Singh at Jan 6, 2011 at 9:29 am

    sure that a current "mock" is in the "extras" repository, to speed
    build times. (The current mock in epel-testing is much faster and more
    efficient than the older mock releases.)
    if the epel mock works for you, why not use it ? its just a case of
    pointing the repo's to your local storage.

    - KB
  • Nico Kadel-Garcia at Jan 6, 2011 at 5:17 pm