Would yall say (devs), this would be the default mirror URL layout for
CentOS 6? Of course the baseurl also and as goes also for i386?

[Base]
name=os
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/

John

Search Discussions

  • Karanbir Singh at Nov 18, 2010 at 12:08 pm

    Would yall say (devs), this would be the default mirror URL layout for
    CentOS 6? Of course the baseurl also and as goes also for i386?

    [Base]
    name=os
    mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os
    #baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/
    no. the repo layout isnt in place or even been discussed at this point,
    were still working on that. There will almost certainly be a split away
    from the traditional [os,base]/updates style

    - KB
  • JohnS at Nov 19, 2010 at 9:07 am

    Would yall say (devs), this would be the default mirror URL layout for
    CentOS 6? Of course the baseurl also and as goes also for i386?

    [Base]
    name=os
    mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os
    #baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/
    no. the repo layout isnt in place or even been discussed at this point,
    were still working on that. There will almost certainly be a split away
    from the traditional [os,base]/updates style
    Ok I am asking because I want/need to patch my version of mock
    (mock-0.6.13-1.el5.em2_2.3.x86_64) for CentOS 5. Right now that's the
    hold back for building CentOS 6 rpms under el5 build hosts.

    Can you announce it here on this thread when it is decided?

    John
  • Karanbir Singh at Nov 19, 2010 at 9:21 am

    Would yall say (devs), this would be the default mirror URL layout for
    CentOS 6? Of course the baseurl also and as goes also for i386?
    no. the repo layout isnt in place or even been discussed at this point,
    were still working on that. There will almost certainly be a split away
    from the traditional [os,base]/updates style
    Ok I am asking because I want/need to patch my version of mock
    (mock-0.6.13-1.el5.em2_2.3.x86_64) for CentOS 5. Right now that's the
    hold back for building CentOS 6 rpms under el5 build hosts.
    The buildhosts at this end use a very different repo layout, so dont
    worry about that on the build side of things.
    Can you announce it here on this thread when it is decided?
    The final repo layout for 6 ? Sure, I think the conversation to decide
    how and why we do what we do should also take place here in this list.

    - KB
  • JohnS at Nov 19, 2010 at 9:33 am

    Would yall say (devs), this would be the default mirror URL layout for
    CentOS 6? Of course the baseurl also and as goes also for i386?
    no. the repo layout isnt in place or even been discussed at this point,
    were still working on that. There will almost certainly be a split away
    from the traditional [os,base]/updates style
    Ok I am asking because I want/need to patch my version of mock
    (mock-0.6.13-1.el5.em2_2.3.x86_64) for CentOS 5. Right now that's the
    hold back for building CentOS 6 rpms under el5 build hosts.
    The buildhosts at this end use a very different repo layout, so dont
    worry about that on the build side of things.
    Yes that I would expect. Mine does also. I would just like to kill all
    with one stone and get the default layout for the mirror system also in
    there. Like now I have:
    Can you announce it here on this thread when it is decided?
    The final repo layout for 6 ? Sure, I think the conversation to decide
    how and why we do what we do should also take place here in this list.
    Yes nice and thanks.

    John

groupcentos-devel @
categoriescentos