hi Guys,

CentOS-3 goes EOL in about 3 months. I was thinking we should do a
couple of things for this milestone :

1) Setup and run an education campaign to inform users about this.

2) Put together some documents that clearly lay down the options that
users have at this point, and going forward ( Migration options, upgrade
paths, virtualised containers etc )

3) Put together some scripts that might help people with various options
from point-2.

Of-course, doing some of (2) and (3) before (1) would make (1) more
effective.

So, at this time - is there anyone who wants to step forward to take
this task up as co-ordinator and lead ?

- KB

Search Discussions

  • Js at Aug 11, 2010 at 3:27 pm
    Hello All, Hello Kb,

    I'm too new on to the centos project (and my English is too bad), so I'm
    not ready to lead this project but:
    *I know very well Centos3/RHEL3 and clones
    *I have some very very good skills in RH and co (10 years already ...
    kernel hacking, complex bash scripts and things totally useless :-P )
    *I'm in the case 2: big servers to migrate, so my work will be (i hope)
    useful for others (how too, scripts, case study)

    Waiting for orders :)

    best regards,

    js.

    Le 11/08/2010 23:12, Karanbir Singh a ?crit :
    hi Guys,

    CentOS-3 goes EOL in about 3 months. I was thinking we should do a
    couple of things for this milestone :

    1) Setup and run an education campaign to inform users about this.

    2) Put together some documents that clearly lay down the options that
    users have at this point, and going forward ( Migration options, upgrade
    paths, virtualised containers etc )

    3) Put together some scripts that might help people with various options
    from point-2.

    Of-course, doing some of (2) and (3) before (1) would make (1) more
    effective.

    So, at this time - is there anyone who wants to step forward to take
    this task up as co-ordinator and lead ?

    - KB
  • Timo Schoeler at Aug 11, 2010 at 3:34 pm

[...]

    So,

    maybe we should just start a wiki page and gather information there in a
    structured way?

    Timo
  • Karanbir Singh at Aug 12, 2010 at 6:50 am