FAQ
CentOS developers,

I now have updates to nx/freenx that address the following bug reports:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idD28
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idD22
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idD09
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idD08
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idC98

Could you please publish them in the extras repo as before? You can
find the srpms here:

http://centos.toracat.org/misc/nx/5/SRPMS/nx-3.4.0-5.el5.ay.src.rpm

and

http://centos.toracat.org/misc/nx/5/SRPMS/freenx-0.7.3-5.el5.ay.src.rpm

I thanks people who reported bugs, offered fix/enhancements and
performed testing.

Akemi

Search Discussions

  • Akemi Yagi at Aug 11, 2010 at 12:36 pm

    On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
    CentOS developers,

    I now have updates to nx/freenx that address the following bug reports:

    http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idD28
    http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idD22
    http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idD09
    http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idD08
    http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idC98

    Could you please publish them in the extras repo as before? ?You can
    find the srpms here:

    http://centos.toracat.org/misc/nx/5/SRPMS/nx-3.4.0-5.el5.ay.src.rpm

    and

    http://centos.toracat.org/misc/nx/5/SRPMS/freenx-0.7.3-5.el5.ay.src.rpm

    I thanks people who reported bugs, offered fix/enhancements and
    performed testing.
    I am aware that Tru has been busy; otherwise I would have asked him
    like I did the last time. Who else can sign and push these packages?
    While there may not be urgency with these packages, all the hard work
    has been done by users/helpers, leaving only the last step to be done
    by CentOS devs. But that step is actually becoming the "hardest" part.
    :(

    Akemi
  • Karanbir Singh at Aug 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm

    I am aware that Tru has been busy; otherwise I would have asked him
    like I did the last time. Who else can sign and push these packages?
    I'll take care of these tonight.

    - KB
  • Akemi Yagi at Aug 13, 2010 at 10:49 am

    On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

    I am aware that Tru has been busy; otherwise I would have asked him
    like I did the last time. Who else can sign and push these packages?
    I'll take care of these tonight.
    Thanks for building the packages. I have tested them (i386 and x86_64)
    and found no issue. Could you go ahead and publish them, please?

    Akemi
  • Akemi Yagi at Aug 18, 2010 at 1:44 pm

    On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
    On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

    I am aware that Tru has been busy; otherwise I would have asked him
    like I did the last time. Who else can sign and push these packages?
    I'll take care of these tonight.
    Thanks for building the packages. I have tested them (i386 and x86_64)
    and found no issue. Could you go ahead and publish them, please?
    Perhaps, I should try asking again.

    Karanbir, will you please push the packages to the extras repo? And
    let's close those bug reports, too.

    Akemi
  • Karanbir Singh at Aug 18, 2010 at 1:56 pm

    On 08/18/2010 06:44 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
    Karanbir, will you please push the packages to the extras repo? And
    let's close those bug reports, too.
    pushed

    - KB
  • Les Mikesell at Aug 18, 2010 at 1:58 pm

    On 8/18/2010 12:44 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
    On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Akemi Yagiwrote:
    On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Karanbir Singhwrote:
    I am aware that Tru has been busy; otherwise I would have asked him
    like I did the last time. Who else can sign and push these packages?
    I'll take care of these tonight.
    Thanks for building the packages. I have tested them (i386 and x86_64)
    and found no issue. Could you go ahead and publish them, please?
    Perhaps, I should try asking again.

    Karanbir, will you please push the packages to the extras repo? And
    let's close those bug reports, too.
    Is that going to affect people who currently have the epel package
    installed and also have extras enabled? I haven't had much trouble
    with the overlap yet but it makes me nervous when packages flip back and
    forth in updates.

    --
    Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com
  • Akemi Yagi at Aug 18, 2010 at 2:03 pm

    On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
    On 8/18/2010 12:44 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:

    Karanbir, will you please push the packages to the extras repo? And
    let's close those bug reports, too.
    Is that going to affect people who currently have the epel package
    installed and also have extras enabled? ? I haven't had much trouble
    with the overlap yet but it makes me nervous when packages flip back and
    forth in updates.
    As far as I can see, EPEL does not have NX. The only 3rd party repo
    that carries freenx/nx is ATRpms. But their nx is still in the
    "bleeding" category and is not maintained.

    But I could be wrong. If you find new info, please share it here.

    Akemi
  • Karanbir Singh at Aug 18, 2010 at 2:05 pm

    On 08/18/2010 06:58 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
    Is that going to affect people who currently have the epel package
    installed and also have extras enabled? I haven't had much trouble
    with the overlap yet but it makes me nervous when packages flip back and
    forth in updates.
    Do these packages overlap ? Is there any possibility of talking to the
    maintainer in epel and see if we can sync releases ?

    - KB
  • Manuel Wolfshant at Aug 18, 2010 at 2:19 pm

    On 08/18/2010 09:05 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
    On 08/18/2010 06:58 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

    Is that going to affect people who currently have the epel package
    installed and also have extras enabled? I haven't had much trouble
    with the overlap yet but it makes me nervous when packages flip back and
    forth in updates.
    Do these packages overlap ? Is there any possibility of talking to the
    maintainer in epel and see if we can sync releases ?
    There is no freenx either in fedora ( since F9) or in EPEL. Hence
    nothing to overlap with.
  • Akemi Yagi at Aug 18, 2010 at 2:23 pm

    On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
    On 08/18/2010 09:05 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

    Do these packages overlap ? Is there any possibility of talking to the
    maintainer in epel and see if we can sync releases ?
    There is no freenx either in fedora ( since F9) or in EPEL. Hence
    nothing to overlap with.
    Oh, but ... on my Fedora 13 box, I have:

    rpm -qa | grep nx
    nxclient-3.4.0-7.x86_64
    freenx-client-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    freenx-server-0.7.3-18.fc13.x86_64
    nxcl-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    nx-3.3.0-38.fc12.x86_64
    qtnx-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64

    Akemi
  • Manuel Wolfshant at Aug 18, 2010 at 2:30 pm

    On 08/18/2010 09:23 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
    On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Manuel Wolfshant
    wrote:
    On 08/18/2010 09:05 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
    Do these packages overlap ? Is there any possibility of talking to the
    maintainer in epel and see if we can sync releases ?
    There is no freenx either in fedora ( since F9) or in EPEL. Hence
    nothing to overlap with.
    Oh, but ... on my Fedora 13 box, I have:

    rpm -qa | grep nx
    nxclient-3.4.0-7.x86_64
    freenx-client-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    freenx-server-0.7.3-18.fc13.x86_64
    nxcl-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    nx-3.3.0-38.fc12.x86_64
    qtnx-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/freenx?_csrf_token�b06456f05846e85a59de53df5d5f2d4aa59c10
    + Fedora's policy regarding orphans says those packages should not exist :)
  • Manuel Wolfshant at Aug 18, 2010 at 2:31 pm

    On 08/18/2010 09:30 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
    On 08/18/2010 09:23 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:

    On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Manuel Wolfshant
    wrote:

    On 08/18/2010 09:05 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

    Do these packages overlap ? Is there any possibility of talking to the
    maintainer in epel and see if we can sync releases ?

    There is no freenx either in fedora ( since F9) or in EPEL. Hence
    nothing to overlap with.
    Oh, but ... on my Fedora 13 box, I have:

    rpm -qa | grep nx
    nxclient-3.4.0-7.x86_64
    freenx-client-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    freenx-server-0.7.3-18.fc13.x86_64
    nxcl-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    nx-3.3.0-38.fc12.x86_64
    qtnx-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/freenx?_csrf_token�b06456f05846e85a59de53df5d5f2d4aa59c10
    + Fedora's policy regarding orphans says those packages should not exist :)
    My apologies, I did not notice that there exists a co-maintainer. Please
    disregard my previous mails.
  • Manuel Wolfshant at Aug 18, 2010 at 2:34 pm

    On 08/18/2010 09:23 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
    On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Manuel Wolfshant
    wrote:
    On 08/18/2010 09:05 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
    Do these packages overlap ? Is there any possibility of talking to the
    maintainer in epel and see if we can sync releases ?
    There is no freenx either in fedora ( since F9) or in EPEL. Hence
    nothing to overlap with.
    Oh, but ... on my Fedora 13 box, I have:

    rpm -qa | grep nx
    nxclient-3.4.0-7.x86_64
    freenx-client-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    freenx-server-0.7.3-18.fc13.x86_64
    nxcl-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    nx-3.3.0-38.fc12.x86_64
    qtnx-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    But yet, despite my previous errior, the packages are not branched for
    EPEL, so my previous evaluation ( no conflicts ) still stands.

    Manuel "I'll be more attentive after I grab some sleep. I promise"
  • Akemi Yagi at Aug 18, 2010 at 2:39 pm

    On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
    On 08/18/2010 09:23 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
    On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Manuel Wolfshant
    wrote:
    Oh, but ... on my Fedora 13 box, I have:

    rpm -qa | grep nx
    nxclient-3.4.0-7.x86_64
    freenx-client-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    freenx-server-0.7.3-18.fc13.x86_64
    nxcl-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    nx-3.3.0-38.fc12.x86_64
    qtnx-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    But yet, despite my previous errior, the packages are not branched for
    EPEL, so my previous evaluation ( no conflicts ) still stands.
    Yes, that agrees with my previous post regarding "no NX in EPEL".

    Actually the stuff in fedora is similar to the ATrpms packages -- nx
    is obsolete. If you happen to know the co-maintainer, could you ask
    him/her to update it?

    So, currently, what CentOS provides is most up-to-date. :-D
    ? ?Manuel "I'll be more attentive after I grab some sleep. I promise"
    I thought you never sleep, Manuel. :-P

    Akemi
  • Manuel Wolfshant at Aug 18, 2010 at 2:48 pm

    On 08/18/2010 09:39 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
    Oh, but ... on my Fedora 13 box, I have:

    rpm -qa | grep nx
    nxclient-3.4.0-7.x86_64
    freenx-client-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    freenx-server-0.7.3-18.fc13.x86_64
    nxcl-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    nx-3.3.0-38.fc12.x86_64
    qtnx-0.9-10.fc11.x86_64
    But yet, despite my previous errior, the packages are not branched for
    EPEL, so my previous evaluation ( no conflicts ) still stands.
    Yes, that agrees with my previous post regarding "no NX in EPEL".

    Actually the stuff in fedora is similar to the ATrpms packages -- nx
    is obsolete. If you happen to know the co-maintainer, could you ask
    him/her to update it?
    No, I do not know him except for occasional bug reviews. But a RFE via
    bugzilla.r.c can be filed by anyone :)
    So, currently, what CentOS provides is most up-to-date. :-D

    Manuel "I'll be more attentive after I grab some sleep. I promise"
    I thought you never sleep, Manuel. :-P
    Heh... I have to, once in a while.
  • Les Mikesell at Aug 18, 2010 at 3:19 pm

    On 8/18/2010 1:39 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
    But yet, despite my previous errior, the packages are not branched for
    EPEL, so my previous evaluation ( no conflicts ) still stands.
    Yes, that agrees with my previous post regarding "no NX in EPEL".
    Hmmm, sorry - I'm not sure why I thought it was. Maybe I confused it
    with backuppc as something that overlapped.

    --
    Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcentos-devel @
categoriescentos
postedJul 21, '10 at 10:33a
activeAug 18, '10 at 3:19p
posts17
users4
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase