There has been a recent forum post with the subject header as quoted, above. [1]

I feel that it would be best answered by one of the Core Development
Team. Of all the usual people that I would consider to ask to craft a
suitable response, I think Russ would be the most appropriate person.

So, grandchildren permitting, a sentence -- or even a paragraph --
would be appreciated, please.

Regards,
Alan.

[1] http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id&780&forum

Search Discussions

  • R P Herrold at Jun 19, 2010 at 11:24 pm
    initial matter ... I see added as a GECOS name, in the 'From'
    line:
    "The CentOS developers mailing list." ...

    The project rather describe this thus:
    "The CentOS developers list is generally used during
    active development of new CentOS releases. Some beta and/or
    RC communication typically takes place on this channel as
    well"
    off the home page link. It is not really well suited to be an
    'intercom' to discuss administrative matters of the project

    I have scraped out of (likewise unofficial, as there is no
    passwd file GECOS 'name' for a Mailman exploder identity) my
    local compose description of this email address from my MUA
    address book. It is of a more limited scope in description