Dear All,

I have installed CentOS release 5.2 (Final). EMC SAN partition is mounted by using EMC Powerpath for resolving multiple paths. I was able write and read data over to SAN partition without any issues.

Subsequently I have unmounted EMC SAN partition from the system and deleted LUN using Navisphere user interface. After rebooting system, I still see SAN mappings in system.

Here is the affected partition mappings ....

==============================
cat /proc/partitions
==============================
major minor #blocks name
8 16 1048576 sdb
8 48 1048576 sdd
8 80 1048576 sdf
8 112 1048576 sdh
============================

When I try to print information using parted, I am getting the following information ....
#parted /dev/sdb
GNU Parted 1.8.1
Using /dev/sdb
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
(parted) print
Error: Unable to open /dev/sdb - unrecognised disk label.
(parted)

I would like to get rid of partition mappings from the system. Anyone has any solution for this problem please.

with regards,

Dr. Jagan Kommineni
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
Parkville

Dr. Jagan Kommineni
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
Parkville

This communication is intended only for the named recipient and may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged or subject to copyright; the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd does not waive any rights if you have received this communication in error.
The views expressed in this communication are those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd.