FAQ
Hello,

it seems there is something wrong with the repositories after 4.8 release.
some packages (pango, acpid and most notably bind, probably others too) are
in much older versions in base repo then they were in updates before 4.8

Could somebody check it please?

with best regards

nik

--
-------------------------------------
Nikola CIPRICH
LinuxBox.cz, s.r.o.
28. rijna 168, 709 01 Ostrava

tel.: +420 596 603 142
fax: +420 596 621 273
mobil: +420 777 093 799
www.linuxbox.cz

mobil servis: +420 737 238 656
email servis: servis at linuxbox.cz
-------------------------------------

Search Discussions

  • Karanbir Singh at Aug 24, 2009 at 9:29 am

    On 08/24/2009 10:15 AM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
    it seems there is something wrong with the repositories after 4.8 release.
    some packages (pango, acpid and most notably bind, probably others too) are
    in much older versions in base repo then they were in updates before 4.8
    This is not a problem, unless whats in 4.8+updates is still older than
    4.7+updates. Check against that, and if you find any post including
    version-release for the pkgs

    --
    Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219 at icq
  • Nikola Ciprich at Aug 24, 2009 at 1:13 pm
    Hi Karanbir,
    well, but it is the case exactly, see bind for example:
    4.8/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/bind-9.2.4-30.el4_7.2.i386.rpm, changelog head:

    * Tue Feb 10 23:00:00 2009 Adam Tkac <atkac redhat com> 20:9.2.4-30.2
    - abort timeout queries to reduce the number of open UDP sockets (#476515)
    - handle EMFILE error from accept() gracefully (#476515)
    and no bind package in 4.8/updates/.../

    and:
    centos/4.7/updates/i386/RPMS/bind-9.2.4-30.el4_8.4.i386.rpm, changelog head:
    * Thu Jul 30 00:00:00 2009 Tomas Hoger <thoger redhat com> 20:9.2.4-30.4
    - security fix for remote DoS (CVE-2009-0696, #514292)

    according to el4_8.4 in release tag I'd say that somehow 4.8 packages got to
    4.7 directory...

    nik.

    On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 10:29:35AM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
    On 08/24/2009 10:15 AM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
    it seems there is something wrong with the repositories after 4.8 release.
    some packages (pango, acpid and most notably bind, probably others too) are
    in much older versions in base repo then they were in updates before 4.8
    This is not a problem, unless whats in 4.8+updates is still older than
    4.7+updates. Check against that, and if you find any post including
    version-release for the pkgs

    --
    Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219 at icq
    _______________________________________________
    CentOS-devel mailing list
    CentOS-devel at centos.org
    http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
    --
    -------------------------------------
    Nikola CIPRICH
    LinuxBox.cz, s.r.o.
    28. rijna 168, 709 01 Ostrava

    tel.: +420 596 603 142
    fax: +420 596 621 273
    mobil: +420 777 093 799
    www.linuxbox.cz

    mobil servis: +420 737 238 656
    email servis: servis at linuxbox.cz
    -------------------------------------
  • Karanbir Singh at Aug 24, 2009 at 1:32 pm

    On 08/24/2009 02:13 PM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
    4.8/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/bind-9.2.4-30.el4_7.2.i386.rpm, changelog head:
    centos/4.7/updates/i386/RPMS/bind-9.2.4-30.el4_8.4.i386.rpm, changelog head:
    and 4.8/updates ?

    --
    Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219 at icq
  • Nikola Ciprich at Aug 24, 2009 at 1:39 pm
    it's not there..
    n.
    On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 02:32:07PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
    On 08/24/2009 02:13 PM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
    4.8/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/bind-9.2.4-30.el4_7.2.i386.rpm, changelog head:
    centos/4.7/updates/i386/RPMS/bind-9.2.4-30.el4_8.4.i386.rpm, changelog head:
    and 4.8/updates ?

    --
    Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219 at icq
    _______________________________________________
    CentOS-devel mailing list
    CentOS-devel at centos.org
    http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
    --
    -------------------------------------
    Nikola CIPRICH
    LinuxBox.cz, s.r.o.
    28. rijna 168, 709 01 Ostrava

    tel.: +420 596 603 142
    fax: +420 596 621 273
    mobil: +420 777 093 799
    www.linuxbox.cz

    mobil servis: +420 737 238 656
    email servis: servis at linuxbox.cz
    -------------------------------------
  • Karanbir Singh at Aug 24, 2009 at 1:57 pm

    On 08/24/2009 02:39 PM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
    it's not there..
    n.
    On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 02:32:07PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
    On 08/24/2009 02:13 PM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
    4.8/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/bind-9.2.4-30.el4_7.2.i386.rpm, changelog head:
    centos/4.7/updates/i386/RPMS/bind-9.2.4-30.el4_8.4.i386.rpm, changelog head:
    and 4.8/updates ?
    try not top posting... also, with this info - you should now be good to
    open an issue report at http://bugs.centos.org/

    --
    Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219 at icq
  • Johnny Hughes at Aug 24, 2009 at 6:33 pm

    Nikola Ciprich wrote:
    Hello,

    it seems there is something wrong with the repositories after 4.8 release.
    some packages (pango, acpid and most notably bind, probably others too) are
    in much older versions in base repo then they were in updates before 4.8

    Could somebody check it please?

    with best regards

    nik
    Pango is pango-1.6.0-9.i386.rpm on the RHEL 4.8 ISO

    acpid is acpid-1.0.3-2.i386.rpm on the RHEL 4.8 ISO

    bind is bind-9.2.4-30.el4_7.2.i386.rpm is on the RHEL 4.8 ISO

    all of those are the same in our base repo and on our ISO. We duplicate
    their release in this, as that is our goal. (The things in the base repo
    are what is on the ISO).

    I will double check all updates are pushed into updates if there are
    some that were released by RH before 4.8 was released, but did not make
    it onto their ISO.

    Thanks,
    Johnny Hughes

    -------------- next part --------------
    A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
    Name: signature.asc
    Type: application/pgp-signature
    Size: 251 bytes
    Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
    Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/attachments/20090824/a6ffe679/attachment.bin
  • Nikola Ciprich at Aug 25, 2009 at 4:55 am
    OK,
    seems like bind-9.2.4-30.el4_8.4 got into the 4.8 updates in the meantime,
    so the problem is certainly solved.
    have a nice day
    n.
    On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 01:33:07PM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
    Nikola Ciprich wrote:
    Hello,

    it seems there is something wrong with the repositories after 4.8 release.
    some packages (pango, acpid and most notably bind, probably others too) are
    in much older versions in base repo then they were in updates before 4.8

    Could somebody check it please?

    with best regards

    nik
    Pango is pango-1.6.0-9.i386.rpm on the RHEL 4.8 ISO

    acpid is acpid-1.0.3-2.i386.rpm on the RHEL 4.8 ISO

    bind is bind-9.2.4-30.el4_7.2.i386.rpm is on the RHEL 4.8 ISO

    all of those are the same in our base repo and on our ISO. We duplicate
    their release in this, as that is our goal. (The things in the base repo
    are what is on the ISO).

    I will double check all updates are pushed into updates if there are
    some that were released by RH before 4.8 was released, but did not make
    it onto their ISO.

    Thanks,
    Johnny Hughes
    _______________________________________________
    CentOS-devel mailing list
    CentOS-devel at centos.org
    http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

    --
    -------------------------------------
    Nikola CIPRICH
    LinuxBox.cz, s.r.o.
    28. rijna 168, 709 01 Ostrava

    tel.: +420 596 603 142
    fax: +420 596 621 273
    mobil: +420 777 093 799
    www.linuxbox.cz

    mobil servis: +420 737 238 656
    email servis: servis at linuxbox.cz
    -------------------------------------
  • Johnny Hughes at Aug 25, 2009 at 5:12 pm

    Nikola Ciprich wrote:
    OK,
    seems like bind-9.2.4-30.el4_8.4 got into the 4.8 updates in the meantime,
    so the problem is certainly solved.
    have a nice day
    n.
    Yes, all 3 of the RPMS you mentioned, as well as ntp and
    evolution28-pango had updates released before 4.8 upstream, but did not
    make onto the 4.8 ISO/Tree ... they have been moved into updates.

    Thanks for the initial report.

    On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 01:33:07PM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
    Nikola Ciprich wrote:
    Hello,

    it seems there is something wrong with the repositories after 4.8 release.
    some packages (pango, acpid and most notably bind, probably others too) are
    in much older versions in base repo then they were in updates before 4.8

    Could somebody check it please?

    with best regards

    nik
    Pango is pango-1.6.0-9.i386.rpm on the RHEL 4.8 ISO

    acpid is acpid-1.0.3-2.i386.rpm on the RHEL 4.8 ISO

    bind is bind-9.2.4-30.el4_7.2.i386.rpm is on the RHEL 4.8 ISO

    all of those are the same in our base repo and on our ISO. We duplicate
    their release in this, as that is our goal. (The things in the base repo
    are what is on the ISO).

    I will double check all updates are pushed into updates if there are
    some that were released by RH before 4.8 was released, but did not make
    it onto their ISO.


    -------------- next part --------------
    A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
    Name: signature.asc
    Type: application/pgp-signature
    Size: 251 bytes
    Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
    Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/attachments/20090825/3c154a1d/attachment.bin

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcentos-devel @
categoriescentos
postedAug 24, '09 at 9:15a
activeAug 25, '09 at 5:12p
posts9
users3
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase