Peter Hopfgartner wrote:
Dear CentOS developers

I would like to have ask some questions about the PostgreSQL and PHP
packages in the current Testing repository for CentOS 5.

In http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/TestingRepo there is a note, that the
testing period is about 3 weeks. Currently, the PostgreSQL and PHP
packages in http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/SRPMS were created in
September 08.

Do the developers need more feedback about the packages in testing? Is
there something (a wiki page, a ticket in the bug tracker or something
else) where the feedback can be collected?
I've tried the packaged on our development server, an Opteron server
with a curent CentOS5-x86_64 installation with 9 GB of postgresql data,
a good part of which geografical data.

Basically, until now everything runs as expected. No problems with the
selected packages.

Regards,

Peter
Is there a testing plan for the packages (works with this and that
software, upgrade from base works)?

What is the best way I can help? Simply sending feedback to the ML?

Is there a kind of policy for the upstream version, something like:
version is expected to be in the next major Red Hat release, must be
part of Upstream Web Stack or another Upstream product. Casting this to
a concrete question: Can upgrades to PHP 5.2.8 or PostgreSQL 8.2.11 be
expected to happen.

And is there already a concrete plan to move those 2 packages to Plus
[http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/centosplus/]?

Regards and thank you for this great distribution. The more I work with
it the more I like it.

Peter

--

Dott. Peter Hopfgartner