Hi Guys,

Seems like the forums were down again today (although they've just
recently come back up). I believe they were also down for a good chunk
of time yesterday afternoon (UTC), and last Sunday too. Reports I've had
from users say they get "very sluggish" before finally becoming totally
unresponsive.

Can anyone fill us in on what the problem is please as this seems to
have been going on a while now?

Thanks :)

Search Discussions

  • Karanbir Singh at Sep 20, 2008 at 11:48 pm

    Ned Slider wrote:
    Hi Guys,

    Seems like the forums were down again today (although they've just
    recently come back up). I believe they were also down for a good chunk
    of time yesterday afternoon (UTC), and last Sunday too. Reports I've had
    from users say they get "very sluggish" before finally becoming totally
    unresponsive.

    Can anyone fill us in on what the problem is please as this seems to
    have been going on a while now?

    Thanks :)
    we've had intermittent db issues, should be all resolved now, if you still see
    issues, find someone from the infrastructure team in #centos-devel on
    irc.freenode.net

  • Akemi Yagi at Sep 21, 2008 at 12:27 am

    Can anyone fill us in on what the problem is please as this seems to have
    been going on a while now?
    we've had intermittent db issues, should be all resolved now, if you still
    see issues, find someone from the infrastructure team in #centos-devel on
    irc.freenode.net
    "find someone from the infrastructure team"

    Lance Davis (lancelan)
    Karanbir Singh (z00dax)
    Russ Herrold (orc_orc)
    Johnny Hughes (hughesjr)
    Ralph Angenendt (range)

    These are the people we should look for (and shout at) ???

    Akemi
  • Ned Slider at Sep 21, 2008 at 3:25 pm

    Akemi Yagi wrote:
    Can anyone fill us in on what the problem is please as this seems to have
    been going on a while now?
    we've had intermittent db issues, should be all resolved now, if you still
    see issues, find someone from the infrastructure team in #centos-devel on
    irc.freenode.net
    "find someone from the infrastructure team"

    Lance Davis (lancelan)
    Karanbir Singh (z00dax)
    Russ Herrold (orc_orc)
    Johnny Hughes (hughesjr)
    Ralph Angenendt (range)

    These are the people we should look for (and shout at) ???

    Akemi
    Thanks both - not noticed any more issues on www|wiki.centos.org today
    so fingers crossed :)
  • Karanbir Singh at Sep 21, 2008 at 6:28 pm

    Akemi Yagi wrote:
    Lance Davis (lancelan)
    Karanbir Singh (z00dax)
    Russ Herrold (orc_orc)
    Johnny Hughes (hughesjr)
    Ralph Angenendt (range)

    These are the people we should look for (and shout at) ???
    + Tru

  • Ralph Angenendt at Sep 22, 2008 at 9:24 am

    Akemi Yagi wrote:
    "find someone from the infrastructure team"

    Lance Davis (lancelan)
    Karanbir Singh (z00dax)
    Russ Herrold (orc_orc)
    Johnny Hughes (hughesjr)
    Ralph Angenendt (range)

    These are the people we should look for (and shout at) ???
    Yes. No.

    Ralph
    --
    Ralph Angenendt......ra@br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
    Bayerischer Rundfunk...80300 M?nchen | ....to right-justify any idea, even one