Hi all!

Does anyone remember the CentOS 4.0 beta boot CD for PowerPC?
This is the only one type of boot CD that go to boot a Kernel on qemu (-system-ppc)
with the Open(Hack'ware)Bios. (The Kernel itself hangs up then)
Neither the Yellow Dog 6 DVD, nor Fedora 6 - 9 PPC edition, nor Ubuntu / Debian
boots on Qemu ppc. So I wanted to adapt the running yaboot loader and configuration
to boot the YDL 6 Kernel and initrd to install the stuff to make a mock build server for
the el5 ppc Target. But when I (re-)create the .iso with mkisofs, Qemu does not
recognize the CD-Image as a boot CD.

My Question: Does you (the creator of the 8.5 MB boot.iso) know, how you created the
.iso Image? Which options did you have used? I did not have found any documentation
how to create those CDs of that type (with a special Macintosh boot partition) that you
have produced. Would you like to help me saying how to create qemu-system-ppc
compatible boot discs ... ?

Thanks in advice,

Brian Schueler
--
GMX Kostenlose Spiele: Einfach online spielen und Spa? haben mit Pastry Passion!

  • Fabian Arrotin at Aug 28, 2008 at 2:38 pm

    Brian Sch?ler wrote:
    Hi all!

    Does anyone remember the CentOS 4.0 beta boot CD for PowerPC?
    Yeah, i used to install it on a G4 recently ;-)
    This is the only one type of boot CD that go to boot a Kernel on qemu (-system-ppc)
    with the Open(Hack'ware)Bios. (The Kernel itself hangs up then)
    Neither the Yellow Dog 6 DVD, nor Fedora 6 - 9 PPC edition, nor Ubuntu / Debian
    boots on Qemu ppc. So I wanted to adapt the running yaboot loader and configuration
    to boot the YDL 6 Kernel and initrd to install the stuff to make a mock build server for
    the el5 ppc Target.
    I know z00dax is busy with the ppc/ppc64 build these days ..
    But when I (re-)create the .iso with mkisofs, Qemu does not
    recognize the CD-Image as a boot CD.
    how have you created the boot cd ? following this tuto ?
    http://penguinppc.org/ppc64/power-bootable-iso/
    My Question: Does you (the creator of the 8.5 MB boot.iso) know, how you created the
    .iso Image? Which options did you have used? I did not have found any documentation
    how to create those CDs of that type (with a special Macintosh boot partition) that you
    have produced. Would you like to help me saying how to create qemu-system-ppc
    compatible boot discs ... ?

    Thanks in advice,

    Brian Schueler

    --
    -
    Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin@arrfab.net>

groupcentos-devel @
categoriescentos
postedAug 27, '08 at 11:57p
activeAug 28, '08 at 2:38p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Fabian Arrotin: 1 post Brian Schueler: 1 post