Hi!

The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:

ckermit
clustermon
compat-gcc-295
compat-gcc-296
compat-gcc-32
compat-gcc-32-g77
compat-gcc-c++-32
compat-libgcc-295
compat-libstdc++-295
compat-libstdc++-32
conga-devel
ddd
elilo
elsa
fonts-ISO8859-9-75dpi
gfs
gnopernicus
httpd-suexec
inkscape
iprutils
java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-plugin
kdepim-devel
kernel-kdump
kmod-gfs-kdump
kmod-gnbd-kdump
lha
libica
libipathverbs
libpng10-devel
libungif-devel
longrun
mcelog
netconfig
notify-daemon
open
openoffice.org-langpack-ur_IN
openssl-ibmca
perl-Cyrus
ppc64-utils
prctl
pup
rhel-instnum
rhn-check
rhn-setup
rhn-setup-gnome
ricci-modcluster
s390utils
salinfo
strace64
sysfsutils-devel
system-config-printer-gui
totem-mozplugins
valgrind-callgrind
yaboot
yum-rhn-plugin

The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
found in CentOS 5.2 x86_64 release Base repo:

apmd
ckermit
clustermon
compat-gcc-295
compat-gcc-296
compat-gcc-32
compat-gcc-32-g77
compat-gcc-c++-32
compat-libgcc-295
compat-libstdc++-295
compat-libstdc++-32
conga-devel
ddd
elilo
elsa
fonts-ISO8859-9-75dpi
gfs
gnopernicus
gnu-efi
gpart
httpd-suexec
ibmasm
inkscape
iprutils
java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-plugin
kernel-kdump
kmod-gfs-kdump
kmod-gnbd-kdump
lha
libica
libpng10-devel
libungif-devel
longrun
netconfig
notify-daemon
open
openoffice.org-langpack-ur_IN
openssl-ibmca
perl-Cyrus
ppc64-utils
prctl
pup
rhel-instnum
rhn-check
rhn-setup
rhn-setup-gnome
ricci-modcluster
s390utils
salinfo
strace64
sysfsutils-devel
system-config-printer-gui
totem-mozplugins
valgrind-callgrind
yaboot
yum-rhn-plugin

In addition, an `eclipse' group is listed in category `apps', a
`workstation' group is listed in category `base-system', but these two
groups are not defined in comps.xml.

I know that some packages only exist in one arch, e.g. apmd, s390utils,
etc, but what about the others? Do we really need to keep them in the
comps.xml file?

Best regards,
Hao

Search Discussions

  • Karanbir Singh at Jun 27, 2008 at 8:16 am

    Hao Xu wrote:
    Hi!

    The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
    found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:
    What problem are you trying to fix ?

    --
    Karanbir Singh
    CentOS Project { http://www.centos.org/ }

    Karanbir Singh wrote:
    Hao Xu wrote:
    The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
    found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:
    What problem are you trying to fix ?
    I don't think that there's any suggestion that someone is remiss for not
    having cleaned them out; I get the feeling he's just curious why they're
    missing.
  • Hao Xu at Jun 27, 2008 at 1:33 pm

    Karanbir Singh wrote:
    Hao Xu wrote:
    Hi!

    The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
    found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:
    What problem are you trying to fix ?
    I'm not trying to fix a problem. I'm just asking whether this is a
    problem or not.

    Hao
  • Johnny Hughes at Jun 27, 2008 at 2:56 pm

    Hao Xu wrote:
    Karanbir Singh wrote:
    Hao Xu wrote:
    Hi!

    The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
    found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:
    What problem are you trying to fix ?
    I'm not trying to fix a problem. I'm just asking whether this is a
    problem or not.
    RPMS named in comps and not in the tree are ignored. These files are in
    at least one of the upstream comps files for RHEL5 (server, workstation,
    client, cluser, cluster-storage, virtualization, etc.) and therefore are
    in the one for CentOS as well.