FAQ
Hi all.

Assuming “Device” is a DataObject class containing a property named “username”, this code:

Device.USERNAME.isNull().toEJBQL( "alias” );

results in: "alias.username is null"

However, if I “not” the expression by doing:

Device.USERNAME.isNotNull().toEJBQL( "alias” );

the result is: "not (username = null)"

I.e., it’s missing the alias and thus the query fails. Isn’t this a bug?

Cheers,
- hugi

// Hugi Thordarson
// http://www.loftfar.is/
// s. 895-6688

Search Discussions

  • Andrew Lindesay at Jun 22, 2015 at 7:41 pm
    Hi Hugi;

    Yes, it looks like a bug at ASTNot#appendAsEJBQL swapping over to
    ASTNot#appendAsString and loosing the root. I can take a look at fixing
    that later on today or tomorrow.

    I hope you are otherwise enjoying using Cayenne? :)

    cheers.
    On 23/06/15 07:03, Hugi Thordarson wrote:
    Hi all.

    Assuming “Device” is a DataObject class containing a property named “username”, this code:

    Device.USERNAME.isNull().toEJBQL( "alias” );

    results in: "alias.username is null"

    However, if I “not” the expression by doing:

    Device.USERNAME.isNotNull().toEJBQL( "alias” );

    the result is: "not (username = null)"

    I.e., it’s missing the alias and thus the query fails. Isn’t this a bug?

    Cheers,
    - hugi

    // Hugi Thordarson
    // http://www.loftfar.is/
    // s. 895-6688

    --
    Andrew Lindesay
  • Hugi Thordarson at Jun 22, 2015 at 8:48 pm
    Thanks Andrew! And yes, I’m really enjoying Cayenne now. There’s a couple of features I miss from EOF, but nothing that can’t be covered by a couple of utility methods. Just looking forward to being able to contribute in a meaningful way, once I’ve taken some time to familiarize myself with the codebase :).

    Cheers,
    - hugi

    On 22. jún. 2015, at 19:41, Andrew Lindesay wrote:

    Hi Hugi;

    Yes, it looks like a bug at ASTNot#appendAsEJBQL swapping over to ASTNot#appendAsString and loosing the root. I can take a look at fixing that later on today or tomorrow.

    I hope you are otherwise enjoying using Cayenne? :)

    cheers.
    On 23/06/15 07:03, Hugi Thordarson wrote:
    Hi all.

    Assuming “Device” is a DataObject class containing a property named “username”, this code:

    Device.USERNAME.isNull().toEJBQL( "alias” );

    results in: "alias.username is null"

    However, if I “not” the expression by doing:

    Device.USERNAME.isNotNull().toEJBQL( "alias” );

    the result is: "not (username = null)"

    I.e., it’s missing the alias and thus the query fails. Isn’t this a bug?

    Cheers,
    - hugi

    // Hugi Thordarson
    // http://www.loftfar.is/
    // s. 895-6688

    --
    Andrew Lindesay
  • Andrew Lindesay at Jun 23, 2015 at 10:51 am
    Hi Hugi;

    OK that should be working now in master branch. Glad to hear that it is
    working out for you!

    cheers.
    On 23/06/15 08:47, Hugi Thordarson wrote:
    Thanks Andrew! And yes, I’m really enjoying Cayenne now. There’s a couple of features I miss from EOF, but nothing that can’t be covered by a couple of utility methods. Just looking forward to being able to contribute in a meaningful way, once I’ve taken some time to familiarize myself with the codebase :).
    --
    Andrew Lindesay
  • Hugi Thordarson at Jun 24, 2015 at 12:02 pm
    Thanks a lot Andrew!

    Cheers,
    - hugi


    On 23. jún. 2015, at 10:13, Andrew Lindesay wrote:

    Hi Hugi;

    OK that should be working now in master branch. Glad to hear that it is working out for you!

    cheers.
    On 23/06/15 08:47, Hugi Thordarson wrote:
    Thanks Andrew! And yes, I’m really enjoying Cayenne now. There’s a couple of features I miss from EOF, but nothing that can’t be covered by a couple of utility methods. Just looking forward to being able to contribute in a meaningful way, once I’ve taken some time to familiarize myself with the codebase :).
    --
    Andrew Lindesay

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedJun 22, '15 at 7:03p
activeJun 24, '15 at 12:02p
posts5
users2
websitecayenne.apache.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2021 Grokbase