Grokbase Groups Cayenne user May 2015
Shouldn't the Ordering class have methods to sort a collection? So you
could chain things like:

MY_PROPERTY.asc().sortObjects(myList)

It could also be useful if MY_PROPERTY.ascs() return a Orderings object
(both plural) that subclassed a collection, so that you could chain those
as well.

Thoughts?

-Lon

Search Discussions

  • Lon Varscsak at May 14, 2015 at 12:17 am
    I'm an idiot...please ignore my question, I missed "orderList". D'oh! :P

    -Lon
    Shouldn't the Ordering class have methods to sort a collection? So you
    could chain things like:

    MY_PROPERTY.asc().sortObjects(myList)

    It could also be useful if MY_PROPERTY.ascs() return a Orderings object
    (both plural) that subclassed a collection, so that you could chain those
    as well.

    Thoughts?

    -Lon
  • Lon Varscsak at May 14, 2015 at 12:55 am
    Actually I would love an orderedList where it returns a new array...but I'm
    a WObie. :)
    I'm an idiot...please ignore my question, I missed "orderList". D'oh! :P

    -Lon
    Shouldn't the Ordering class have methods to sort a collection? So you
    could chain things like:

    MY_PROPERTY.asc().sortObjects(myList)

    It could also be useful if MY_PROPERTY.ascs() return a Orderings object
    (both plural) that subclassed a collection, so that you could chain those
    as well.

    Thoughts?

    -Lon

groupuser @