Grokbase Groups Cayenne user May 2015
Hi all,

I’m curious—what is the purpose of the “Datamap” class generated by Cayenne? I gave the docs an (admittedly superficial) glance but couldn't find anything about it. In all of my cayenne projects, it's just a class with one method “getInstance()”, that returns a lazily generated instance of itself. Can I delete it?

- hugi

// Hugi Thordarson
// http://www.loftfar.is/ <http://www.loftfar.is/>
// s. 895-6688

Search Discussions

  • John Huss at May 12, 2015 at 7:01 pm
    Yes. The only thing it does currently is it will contain constants for the
    query names for any queries you define IN CayenneModeler.
    I’m curious—what is the purpose of the “Datamap” class generated by
    Cayenne? I gave the docs an (admittedly superficial) glance but couldn't
    find anything about it. In all of my cayenne projects, it's just a class
    with one method “getInstance()”, that returns a lazily generated instance
    of itself. Can I delete it?

    - hugi

    // Hugi Thordarson
    // http://www.loftfar.is/ <http://www.loftfar.is/>
    // s. 895-6688

  • Andrus Adamchik at May 13, 2015 at 8:35 am
    Correct. Datamap class may have more good stuff in the future, but for now it is of limited use. And IIRC we made its generation optional in the latest versions of 4.0 Modeler (and it is not generated from Ant / Maven unless you explicitly tell Cayenne to do it).

    Andrus
    Yes. The only thing it does currently is it will contain constants for the
    query names for any queries you define IN CayenneModeler.
    I’m curious—what is the purpose of the “Datamap” class generated by
    Cayenne? I gave the docs an (admittedly superficial) glance but couldn't
    find anything about it. In all of my cayenne projects, it's just a class
    with one method “getInstance()”, that returns a lazily generated instance
    of itself. Can I delete it?

    - hugi

    // Hugi Thordarson
    // http://www.loftfar.is/ <http://www.loftfar.is/>
    // s. 895-6688

  • Hugi Thordarson at May 13, 2015 at 8:39 am
    Thanks, I suspected as much :)

[...]

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedMay 12, '15 at 5:51p