Hi

As a newbie to Cayenne, I would like to know if CayenneModeler can be used sensibly as a standalone application? As described in the docu, if I save a project, I get the 2 files cayenne-<project-name>.xml and <project-name.map.xml.
Double clicking on either doesn't bring me back into the state I left when I saved the project in CayenneModeler? So I am not sure if it is supported to just use CayenneModeler or if CayenneModeler has always to be used from within Eclipse?

Best regards, Robert

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ r. huber
_/
_/ _/ _/ 7r gmbh
_/ _/ _/ alpenstrasse 93
_/ _// ch-8200 schaffhausen
_/ _/
_/ _/ tel. +41 52 624 81 15 www.seven-r.ch

Search Discussions

  • Aristedes Maniatis at Apr 4, 2012 at 8:14 am
    Cayenne modeler is first and foremost a standalone tool. The eclipse plugin version is relatively new.

    When you run modeler, the splash screen shows you the last models you were editing. Clicking one should open it.

    Ari

    --
    -------------------------->
    Aristedes Maniatis

    Thanks a lot, problem is my DataNode is lost when I open the project (via splash screen) again. How can I get my DataNode as well when opening the project?

    Robert

[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Apr 4, 2012 at 9:53 am
    The only reason I can think of is that the project wasn't saved... Or there is a bug in the trunk build of the Modeler :)

[...]

  • Robert Huber @ 7r at Apr 4, 2012 at 4:08 pm
    It seems the datanode is not saved only when it is imported via an EOModel file. I import an EOModel and the datanode appears as it does in the Entity Modeler. As soon as I save the Cayenne project, the datanode is lost. So I created a new datanode and copy/pasted all driver info to the newly created datanode. Saving the project again lost the datanode which came into CayenneModeler by importing the EOModel, but at least I had the info in the internally created datanode.
    It's repeatable. Should I put it into JIRA'

    Regards, Robert

    _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ r. huber
    _/
    _/ _/ _/ 7r gmbh