I have been thinking of a component/plugin concept to my persistence structure. I am wondering if Cayenne will support this and if so, what is it called so I can study it.

I essentially have a main project but would like to have a component (that is essentially two tables & Cayenne Classes) that I can either add to the the main project or use on its own.

Is this possible?

Search Discussions

  • Michael Gentry at Feb 21, 2012 at 4:34 pm
    Hi Joe,

    I haven't tried this yet, but I think Cayenne 3.1 will make this
    easier by allowing your component to include it's own Cayenne Model
    (XML files) and your main project having it's own set of XML files.
    You'll have to coordinate JDNI names or similar, of course.

    mrg

    I have been thinking of a component/plugin concept to my persistence structure.  I am wondering if Cayenne will support this and if so, what is it called so I can study it.

    I essentially have a main project but would like to have a component (that is essentially two tables & Cayenne Classes) that I can either add to the the main project or use on its own.

    Is this possible?

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedFeb 16, '12 at 7:04p
activeFeb 21, '12 at 4:34p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Michael Gentry: 1 post Joe Baldwin: 1 post