Hi all, I was quite new with Cayenne, how can I do this :

Book extends _Book

public static final String DESCRIPTION_PROPERTY = "description";
public static final String ID_BOOK_PROPERTY = "idBook";
public static final String LEVEL_PROPERTY = "level";
public static final String PATH_PROPERTY = "path";
public static final String STATUS_PROPERTY = "status";
public static final String TITLE_PROPERTY = "title";

How can I get the information of field (title, "title" , String ) which
inside CayenneObject , or I have to write the inspector by my own? ( There
some bean inspector library but I think Cayenne done that already, and other
hack will be ugly )...

-----------------------------
*Further :*

I'm intergrating Jasper with Cayenne and want to provide Jasper Designer
IReport a DataProvider , which in turn list the Field of the Table or Entity
to Roll through the Database ...

I was quite new with Cayenne so I can't find anywhere a way to get the field
description, name, title and so... from a CayenneObject like Book (which
generated by Cayenne Modeler ) , It's not too hard to type the names
manually but I still think there is a way to get this out by Cayenne.

Did anyone walk this line before, really appreciate the helping!

  • Aristedes Maniatis at Feb 9, 2012 at 9:32 am

    Hi all, I was quite new with Cayenne, how can I do this :

    Book extends _Book

    public static final String DESCRIPTION_PROPERTY = "description";
    public static final String ID_BOOK_PROPERTY = "idBook";
    public static final String LEVEL_PROPERTY = "level";
    public static final String PATH_PROPERTY = "path";
    public static final String STATUS_PROPERTY = "status";
    public static final String TITLE_PROPERTY = "title";

    How can I get the information of field (title, "title" , String ) which
    inside CayenneObject , or I have to write the inspector by my own? ( There
    some bean inspector library but I think Cayenne done that already, and other
    hack will be ugly )...
    There is a little ant task called cgen which creates the getters and setters for you.

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/ant-tasks.html

    -----------------------------
    *Further :*

    I'm intergrating Jasper with Cayenne and want to provide Jasper Designer
    IReport a DataProvider , which in turn list the Field of the Table or Entity
    to Roll through the Database ...

    I was quite new with Cayenne so I can't find anywhere a way to get the field
    description, name, title and so... from a CayenneObject like Book (which
    generated by Cayenne Modeler ) , It's not too hard to type the names
    manually but I still think there is a way to get this out by Cayenne.

    Did anyone walk this line before, really appreciate the helping!

    Yes. We use JasperReports and wrote our own data provider to do just that. It isn't too hard to glue it all together.

    Ari

    --
    -------------------------->
    Aristedes Maniatis

    Hi all, I was quite new with Cayenne, how can I do this :

    Book extends _Book

    public static final String DESCRIPTION_PROPERTY = "description";
    public static final String ID_BOOK_PROPERTY = "idBook";
    public static final String LEVEL_PROPERTY = "level";
    public static final String PATH_PROPERTY = "path";
    public static final String STATUS_PROPERTY = "status";
    public static final String TITLE_PROPERTY = "title";

    How can I get the information of field (title, "title" , String ) which
    inside CayenneObject , or I have to write the inspector by my own? ( There
    some bean inspector library but I think Cayenne done that already, and other
    hack will be ugly )...
    There is a little ant task called cgen which creates the getters and setters for you.

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/ant-tasks.html
    Also in runtime, you have access to ObjEntity object that contains all the entity ORM metadata.

    Book myBook = ...
    ObjEntity e = context.getEntityResolver().lookupObjEntity(myBook);

    Andrus
  • Atomix at Feb 9, 2012 at 9:51 am
    Thank a lot Aristedes and Andrus

    You both point me very good directions which I don't know before. Cheer,
    this should really be written somewhere in the documentation!

    @Aristedes :
    Now assume we can use cgen Template to generate some other Class to suite
    our need (Japser intergration), are you and your team do that way or
    automaticly sync the two dataProvider and ObjEntity ,

    In our case we has a lot (~500 +) of Table , ObjEntity, and Report(s) for
    them, so each time we save XML, we want to generate all other things to make
    them perfectly match...

    Do you have any advice for the case, deeply appriciate that!

  • Aristedes Maniatis at Feb 9, 2012 at 12:37 pm

    You both point me very good directions which I don't know before. Cheer,
    this should really be written somewhere in the documentation!
    You mean the page in the documentation which I linked you to?

    @Aristedes :
    Now assume we can use cgen Template to generate some other Class to suite
    our need (Japser intergration), are you and your team do that way or
    automaticly sync the two dataProvider and ObjEntity ,

    In our case we has a lot (~500 +) of Table , ObjEntity, and Report(s) for
    them, so each time we save XML, we want to generate all other things to make
    them perfectly match...

    Do you have any advice for the case, deeply appriciate that!
    I don't understand. The ant task I pointed you at does exactly that.

    Ari

    --
    Aristedes Maniatis

groupuser @