Hey all,

i'm just researching on how to setup cayenne and jackrabbit to share
transactions. The background is that i want to store information in a
database and very large files (linked to that information) in a jackrabbit
repository (as having large files in a mysql database isn't the best idea,
but this is another discussion). Whenever i put information into the
database and store the dependendent files i want to be able to rollback
both data sources to keep the synchronized (pretty obvious). So far i
haven't found much on the web, except for some hibernate/jdbc mysql
configuration using spring.

It would be great if anyone of you could point me into the right direction
or give me a hint on how to setup distributed transactions using cayenne
plus some JCR. I would love to stick to cayenne.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Daniel

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Jan 27, 2012 at 2:03 pm
    Hi Daniel,

    Don't know much about JCR transactions (even though I'd like to try it some day, in a scenario similar to yours). In Cayenne you can simply check "Container Managed Transactions", and it won't attempt to commit or rollback connections. From there you can use something like Spring for common management of transactions between Cayenne and JCR.

    Would love to hear how that worked.

    A more clunky way would be to use manual Cayenne transactions or use a TransactionDelegate, and figure out how to hook this up to Jackrabbit:

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/understanding-transactions.html

    I'd try Spring first.

    Andrus

[...]

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedJan 27, '12 at 10:16a
activeJan 27, '12 at 2:03p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Andrus Adamchik: 1 post Daniel Scheibe: 1 post