Hello all,

I have created a complex relationship within the Modeler (like
toPerson->telephoneNumberArray). My problem is that when I access the
property the array comes up empty but if at the same time I call the
getPerson().getTelephoneNumberArray() it returns results... When are these
relationships within the modeler updated? And how they relate to the
comparable java call?

Thanx
Bruno

--
Bruno René Santos | brunorene@holos.pt | Gestor de Projectos | Analista |
Programador | Investigador

Holos - Soluções Avançadas em Tecnologias de Informação S.A.
Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia de Almada/Setúbal . Edifício Madan Parque
Rua dos Inventores . Quinta da Torre . 2825 - 182 Caparica . Portugal
Phone: +351 210 438 686 . Fax: +351 210 438 687 . Web: www.holos.pt

If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please notify Bruno René Santos by telephone on
+351 210 438 686

Search Discussions

  • Michael Gentry at Sep 23, 2011 at 12:23 pm
    Hi Bruno,

    I might be mistaken, but it sounds like you are saying when you used
    readNestedProperty() you ended up with an empty array, but when you
    used getPerson().getTelephoneNumberArray() it worked? If so, make
    sure you are using the right property names and syntax in
    readNestedProperty().

    Thanks,

    mrg

[...]

  • Bruno René Santos at Sep 23, 2011 at 1:22 pm
    Hi Michael I dont know if we are talking about the same thing but what I did
    was use the Cayenne Modeler to create a method getCausaArray() (see image in
    attach.) which should be the same as
    getToAvaliacaoMetrica().getCausaArray()... But for me the first is empty and
    the second is not...

[...]

    addressed.
[...]

  • Michael Gentry at Sep 23, 2011 at 1:26 pm
    Hi Bruno,

    We may not be talking about the same thing. Also, the mailing lists
    don't do attachments. You can e-mail the image directly to me if
    you'd like, though, and I'll take a look at it.

    Thanks,

    mrg

    On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Bruno René Santos <brunorene@holos.pt>
[...]

    intended
    addressed.
[...]

  • Michael Gentry at Sep 23, 2011 at 3:27 pm
    Hi Bruno,

    I got the screenshot. It looks like you are trying to flatten the
    relationship in the modeler:

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/cayennemodeler-flattened-relationships.html

    I haven't done this often, but it should work. Play around with it a
    bit more. Also, keep in mind this is going to give you read-only
    records, which may not be what you are wanting.

    mrg

[...]

  • Bruno René Santos at Sep 23, 2011 at 4:18 pm
    Hi Michael,

    I dont mind having read-only relationships.
    The problem here is that I have a flattened relationship that returns an
    empty set when its unflattened counterpart returns values....

    On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net>
[...]

  • Michael Gentry at Sep 24, 2011 at 2:36 pm
    Hi Bruno,

    I just wrote a small test-case which used:

    Source -> Middle ->> Target

    Using source.getMiddle().getTargets() succeeds, but using
    source.getFlattenedTargets() fails. The faults are never triggered so
    the data is never faulted in from the database. This seems like a
    bug.

    Two options:

    1) Add a prefetch to your query to force the Target to be present:
    query.addPrefetch(Source.FLATTENED_TARGETS_PROPERTY);
    2) Add a cover method in Source.java to fetch Targets lazily and not
    even model the flattened relationship.

    Hope that helps for now.

    mrg

    On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Bruno René Santos <brunorene@holos.pt>
[...]

  • Tomas Stenlund at Sep 25, 2011 at 8:42 am
    Hi,

    I'm after a design/code pattern for handling ENTER and ESC for dialogs
    (modal) as well as PushButtons performing the same function. When I
    press ENTER or ESC the dialog is closed and I can find out in the
    DialogStateListener which one was pressed (true,false) which I guess is
    the default behaviour of pivot. There I can get the dialog result to see
    if I should "commit" or "rollback" the changes in the dialog or not ( I
    use Cayenne ORM). I also have pushbuttons in the dialog that will yield
    the same functionality, i.e. close the dialog and send a true/false result.

    Now to my question, I was thinking of vetoing the close if the dialog
    values are not correct, but I cannot determine if it is ENTER, ESCAPE or
    the pushbuttons that caused the "close". I need to know that because if
    Cancel or ESC was pressed I will never veto the close.

    Hmm a little unstructured there, but how do you go about doing this i.e.
    handling the keyboard ENTER, ESC as well as pushbuttons that does the
    same functionality ?

    Thanks for any help,

    Tomas
  • Tomas Stenlund at Sep 25, 2011 at 6:49 pm
    Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I posted this in the wrong userlist - pressed
    the wrong button. I meant it to go to pivot not cayenne.

    But I must say, it is a good combo (cayenne and pivot).

    Sorry guys - I'm embarrassed,

    Tomas
[...]

  • Bruno René Santos at Sep 26, 2011 at 10:10 am
    It seems like a bug yes... Do you think A ticket should be created?

    Thanx
    Bruno

    No dia 24 de Set de 2011 15:36, "Michael Gentry" <mgentry@masslight.net>

    wrote:
[...]

  • Michael Gentry at Sep 26, 2011 at 12:44 pm
    Probably. I'll try to remember to do that at home and attach my test
    project as a demo/example of the issue.

    On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net

    wrote:
[...]

groupuser @