FAQ
All,

Using Cayenne modeller for the first time, fantastic tool at first. All good
till creating DBEntities but when converting from DBEntity to ObjEntity,
some of the fields are simply left out. Trying to syncing between the two
doesn't help. Is this a known issue? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
~Amulya

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Aug 2, 2011 at 6:33 am
    Hi Amulya,

    This is likely a desired behavior. The columns are either PKs (direct access to PK is generally not need as Cayenne manages it) or FKs (foreign keys are parts of relationships and there is even less need to access them in the app).

    Cheers,
    Andrus

    On Aug 2, 2011, at 9:28 AM, amulya rattan wrote:
    All,

    Using Cayenne modeller for the first time, fantastic tool at first. All good
    till creating DBEntities but when converting from DBEntity to ObjEntity,
    some of the fields are simply left out. Trying to syncing between the two
    doesn't help. Is this a known issue? Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    ~Amulya
  • Wernke zur Borg at Aug 2, 2011 at 6:44 am
    The same happened to me. There is sometimes need to access the PKs,
    especially with a poor DB design where they did not create a dedicated
    column for the PK and use some (hopefully) unique data column as the PK.

    You have to explicitly add these fields to your object model in the modeler.

    Wernke

    On 2011-08-02 08:32, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    Hi Amulya,

    This is likely a desired behavior. The columns are either PKs (direct access to PK is generally not need as Cayenne manages it) or FKs (foreign keys are parts of relationships and there is even less need to access them in the app).

    Cheers,
    Andrus

    On Aug 2, 2011, at 9:28 AM, amulya rattan wrote:
    All,

    Using Cayenne modeller for the first time, fantastic tool at first. All good
    till creating DBEntities but when converting from DBEntity to ObjEntity,
    some of the fields are simply left out. Trying to syncing between the two
    doesn't help. Is this a known issue? Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    ~Amulya


    This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged
    information or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the
    intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message
    or any attachments and do not use it or any purpose or disclose its content to any
    person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system.
    RHEA System S.A. (RHEA) disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
    was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.

    If a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) exists between RHEA and the receiving
    organization, then all contents shall be considered proprietary and covered under
    the NDA.
  • Andrus Adamchik at Aug 2, 2011 at 6:47 am
    You have to explicitly add these fields to your object model in the modeler.
    Correct. That's the workaround if you have a meaningful PK.

    Andrus
    On Aug 2, 2011, at 9:43 AM, Wernke zur Borg wrote:


    The same happened to me. There is sometimes need to access the PKs,
    especially with a poor DB design where they did not create a dedicated
    column for the PK and use some (hopefully) unique data column as the PK.

    You have to explicitly add these fields to your object model in the modeler.

    Wernke

    On 2011-08-02 08:32, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    Hi Amulya,

    This is likely a desired behavior. The columns are either PKs (direct access to PK is generally not need as Cayenne manages it) or FKs (foreign keys are parts of relationships and there is even less need to access them in the app).

    Cheers,
    Andrus

    On Aug 2, 2011, at 9:28 AM, amulya rattan wrote:
    All,

    Using Cayenne modeller for the first time, fantastic tool at first. All good
    till creating DBEntities but when converting from DBEntity to ObjEntity,
    some of the fields are simply left out. Trying to syncing between the two
    doesn't help. Is this a known issue? Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    ~Amulya


    This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged
    information or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the
    intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message
    or any attachments and do not use it or any purpose or disclose its content to any
    person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system.
    RHEA System S.A. (RHEA) disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
    was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.

    If a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) exists between RHEA and the receiving
    organization, then all contents shall be considered proprietary and covered under
    the NDA.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedAug 2, '11 at 6:30a
activeAug 2, '11 at 6:47a
posts4
users3
websitecayenne.apache.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase