I have seen, that Cayenne uses multiple connections per transaction (a
DataNode can have multiple connections and it can add multiple
connections to a transaction). I ask myself, how can Cayenne ensure
some visibility problems, which depend on the isolation level of the
underlying datastore? I think, you could get different results from
different connections.

~André

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Jan 25, 2011 at 1:34 pm
    Actually recent versions of Cayenne (3.0, maybe earlier) are ensuring a use of a single connection per transaction.

    Andrus
    I have seen, that Cayenne uses multiple connections per transaction (a DataNode can have multiple connections and it can add multiple connections to a transaction). I ask myself, how can Cayenne ensure some visibility problems, which depend on the isolation level of the underlying datastore? I think, you could get different results from different connections.

    ~André
  • André Rothe at Jan 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm
    Ah, okay. TransactionDataSource get always the same connection for the
    specified DataNode or creates a new one, if no connection exists. So
    you will have multiple connection within a transaction only if you
    have a transaction over multiple DataNodes.

    Thank you
    André

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    Actually recent versions of Cayenne (3.0, maybe earlier) are
    ensuring a use of a single connection per transaction.

    Andrus
    I have seen, that Cayenne uses multiple connections per transaction
    (a DataNode can have multiple connections and it can add multiple
    connections to a transaction). I ask myself, how can Cayenne ensure
    some visibility problems, which depend on the isolation level of
    the underlying datastore? I think, you could get different results
    from different connections.

    ~André

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedJan 25, '11 at 1:31p
activeJan 25, '11 at 1:48p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

André Rothe: 2 posts Andrus Adamchik: 1 post