Hello

I was wondering if someone has tried cayenne with jetty 7 and hessian 4.

After some trial and error I finally got to the stage where servlet is
replying, but cayenne fails to establish ClientChannel. this is the log

org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: [v.3.0.1 Aug 04 2010
18:38:23] Error establishing remote session. URL -
http://localhost:8181/angel-server-cayenne; CAUSE - expected integer at
0x53 java.lang.String (org.apache.cayenne.remote.RemoteSession)
[java] [O] S
[\x00'org.apache.cayenne.remote.RemoteSession\x94\x04name\x09sessionId\x12eventBridgeFactory\x15eventBridgeParameterso\x90N\x1913mrh1ds35gq3cu0vcyroaazzNNz]
at
org.apache.cayenne.remote.hessian.HessianConnection.connect(HessianConnection.java:229)
[java] at
org.apache.cayenne.remote.hessian.HessianConnection.getServerEventBridge(HessianConnection.java:114)
[java] at
org.apache.cayenne.remote.ClientChannel.setupRemoteChannelListener(ClientChannel.java:299)
[java] at
org.apache.cayenne.remote.ClientChannel.<init>(ClientChannel.java:95)
[java] at
org.apache.cayenne.remote.ClientChannel.<init>(ClientChannel.java:77)
[java] at
org.apache.cayenne.remote.ClientChannel.<init>(ClientChannel.java:72)
[java] at
ish.oncourse.ContextManager.getDataChannel(ContextManager.java:84)
[java] at
ish.oncourse.ContextManager.getChannel(ContextManager.java:70)
[java] at
ish.oncourse.ContextManager.getNewDedicatedContext(ContextManager.java:111)
[java] at
ish.oncourse.controller.ViewController.getContext(ViewController.java:1091)

seems like something has changed on the deserialisation level(?) in
hessian, but I cannot pinpoint what.

Has someone hit or maybe solved this problem?
Thanks
Marcin

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Nov 23, 2010 at 8:46 am
    Haven't tried the latest Hessian, but historically Hessian arbitrarily changed the serialization protocol between versions, so switching to a newer version required some tweaking on our end.

    Jetty 7 on the other hand just works... The only thing that caused me trouble with 6->7 upgrade about a year ago, was a change in cookie encoding algorithm.

    Andrus

[...]

  • Aristedes Maniatis at Nov 23, 2010 at 8:57 am
    I can confirm that just swapping in the latest Hessian 4 binary breaks the Cayenne tests, although I did not spend any time trying to identify exactly what the issue was.

    Also, the version of Hessian we are using (3.1.6) looks to be missing from Maven Central. I would have sworn it was there before, but it can be found only at the caucho repository as far as I can tell. Should we push it to maven central ourselves or add the caucho repo to our pom?

    Ari

    --
    Aristedes Maniatis

    Also, the version of Hessian we are using (3.1.6) looks to be missing from Maven Central. I would have sworn it was there before, but it can be found only at the caucho repository as far as I can tell. Should we push it to maven central ourselves or add the caucho repo to our pom?
    Let's maybe try to push it to central. I think we used objectstyle.org repo to get it before.

    Andrus

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedNov 16, '10 at 10:33p